The Whistling Duck - Closed

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Steve
Project Leader
The Whistling Duck - Closed

Post by Steve » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 4:05 am

Looks like the duck has whistled it's last.

The website claims that it's closed until further notice due to major gas works, whilst the Facebook and Twitter accounts appear to have been shut down completely.

Kateg28

Re: The Whistling Duck - Closed

Post by Kateg28 » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 9:12 am

Oh dear. I nearly considered booking their steak night which was due tomorrow (Thursday) but decided we couldn't organise with my partners hours.

I have been there a few times and found it lovely and delicious. Not cheap but you get good food for it. However once we were the only diners and never been there with more than about 4 other groups.

Shame if it has closed down properly

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 10:08 am

Oh no I was about to book it for Saturday as the in-laws were coming. It was their favourite place around Hertford. Fine dining and the kids could run outside on the decking by the river. Any suggestions for equivalent places?

McHardy24

Post by McHardy24 » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 3:15 pm

As alternatives you could try The Grandson in Bramfield (play park opposite) or Fox and hounds Hudson (has large garden) or White horse at Turnham green (with play equipment and pond). All are really good food.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 3:44 pm

McHardy24 wrote:As alternatives you could try The Grandson in Bramfield (play park opposite) or Fox and hounds Hudson (has large garden) or White horse at Turnham green (with play equipment and pond). All are really good food.
Grandson, LOL :D

leo densian

Post by leo densian » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 4:12 pm

Steve wrote:
McHardy24 wrote:As alternatives you could try The Grandson in Bramfield (play park opposite) or Fox and hounds Hudson (has large garden) or White horse at Turnham green (with play equipment and pond). All are really good food.
Turnham Green's a bit of a trek too. Not sure where Hudson is :D

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 4:57 am

leo densian wrote:
Steve wrote:
Turnham Green's a bit of a trek too. Not sure where Hudson is :D
Hudson :lol: :lol:

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 11:11 am

I had an email saying the furniture was for sale so I thought it was being refurbished!

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 1:16 pm

Odd time to refurbish Marilyn - just before Christmas party season? Maybe the bookings were down for this period and this has been a factor in making the decision - as usual there is little information coming from the management!

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 2:47 pm

Always a shame to see local businesses go down the river but personally was never impressed with the ambience, quality of the food (not fine dining standards) and cost (fine dining prices!).