Unexplained Object

For comments about airport expansion, aircraft movements and noise.
night owl
Unexplained Object

Post by night owl » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 8:59 pm

On Sunday 9, July, at about 10 pm 15 I went and sat out in my garden facing south, I could see a bright dazzling white light coming towards me in Bengeo and I thought at first it was a plane with its lights on for landing, it was coming up from the south on a curved flight path towards the east, any way I thought I should be hearing the engines but nothing, it was travelling about the speed of a small aircraft, I could not see any red or green lights and as it reached over Hertford heading towards the north of Harlow a jet passenger aircraft cut across its path and I guess this ball of dazzling light must have been about 15 foot across and it was as bright from the front as the rear, it was low in the sky about cloud level, so any ideas on what this might have been ?
Last edited by night owl on Fri 03 Jun, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Project Leader

Re: Unexplained Object

Post by Steve » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 9:02 pm

Chinese lantern?

Capitalist Piglet

Post by Capitalist Piglet » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:35 pm

A very, very large owl on fire?

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 12:47 am

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 3:20 am

Weather balloon :mrgreen:

Drama Queen

Post by Drama Queen » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 4:01 pm

Now, I also saw this from Bengeo, I was watching planes (I used to cabin crew on them so know the difference!) and I watched thinking, is it a lantern, is it all the things mentioned above. I have to say I could not satisfy myself of any of the things mentioned above as the "object" moved so flippin fast to disappear I was a bit non-plussed. However, suffice to say the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) gets several "sightings" from pilots in the UK alone that they have to thoroughly investigate (for terrorism, etc, etc) reasons so for all people who think UFO's are a myth there are at least 5 -15 a year which "cannot be explained by all reasonable investigations. Whilst I was not in either camp on this, I have to say it did not behave in a way I was expecting, it was too dark for a hot air balloon, too fast for a lantern and just not able to explain myself.. hmmmm

night owl

Post by night owl » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 12:29 am

This was back again on the same route at about 2.35am to 2.40am on the 29th May 16, only this time I was ready for it and zapped it with a 5,000 mw blue laser and right in the front of it where a cockpit might have been but it seemed to have no effect and seeing that no pilot has reported being zapped by a laser, it must be some kind of UFO?

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 5:19 pm

night owl wrote:This was back again on the same route at about 2.35am to 2.40am on the 29th May 16, only this time I was ready for it and zapped it with a 5,000 mw blue laser and right in the front of it where a cockpit might have been but it seemed to have no effect and seeing that no pilot has reported being zapped by a laser, it must be some kind of UFO?
You pointed a laser at something that could have been an aircraft???? Are you a complete idiot????? I imagine the local police would be interested in paying you a visit to offer you some guidance.

Shining a laser in to the cockpit of an aircraft is incredibly dangerous and an imprisonable offence.

leo densian

Post by leo densian » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 5:46 pm

Steve wrote: You pointed a laser at something that could have been an aircraft???? Are you a complete idiot?????
I think we've already established that :shock:

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 5:19 am

Not the first time UFO's have been seen over Hertford. I remember back in the 90's some where spotted over Goldings. At the time I work there for HCC and the day after they where spotted some of the computers had all the data wiped off of them. :o