It's Tuesday so it must mean trouble on the trains

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
JohnSmith
Re: It's Tuesday so it must mean trouble on the trains

Post by JohnSmith » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 4:37 pm

Kateg28 wrote:Replacing the rolling stock isnt overly easy due to the requirement to use two different power sources.

You state:
"FCC put no pressure on Network Rail to provide a decent service to them".

Do you know that for fact or are you guessing?

The article may be factually correct but it reads like a polictical attack and that always instantly puts me off so I gave up reading it.
Replacing the rolling stock is easy. Build new trains that are designed with two methods of picking up the power. They managed to do it in 1976.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 4:48 pm

Kateg28 wrote:Replacing the rolling stock isnt overly easy due to the requirement to use two different power sources.

You state:
"FCC put no pressure on Network Rail to provide a decent service to them".

Do you know that for fact or are you guessing?

The article may be factually correct but it reads like a polictical attack and that always instantly puts me off so I gave up reading it.
FCC are paid compensation by Network Rail when their services are delayed by 5 minutes due to Network Rail. How long do you have to be delayed before FCC compensate you? Where is the incentive for FCC to put pressure on Network Rail?

Replacing the rolling stock is easy. Design trains with dual power pick-ups. They managed it in 1976.
Last edited by admin on Tue 17 Dec, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off-topic remark

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 6:12 pm

JohnSmith wrote:Where is the incentive for FCC to put pressure on Network Rail?
The fact that people have a choice and can go to Hertford East instead, maybe.

We're very lucky in Hertford that we actually have competition in rail services in to London. Not many towns can boast that.

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 6:19 pm

The service on this line is appaling. I've had to put in 5 delay repay forms for the past two weeks! That is shocking.

18:11pm for me tonight from Liverpool St and i highly doubt anything will be running out of Moorgate.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 6:42 pm

bubbaoshea wrote:The service on this line is appaling. I've had to put in 5 delay repay forms for the past two weeks! That is shocking.

18:11pm for me tonight from Liverpool St and i highly doubt anything will be running out of Moorgate.
Believe it or not but there was. The wesbite showed the 1703 to Hertford North. Got to Moorgate where platform staff informed us a train was due but they did not know where it would be going. It arrived, sat on it and they announced it was all stations to Gordon Hill. That was it!

Changed at Highbury & Islington & got the Victoria Line to Seven Sisters.

I'm sure there was a good reason to terminate that train at Gordon Hill but I can't think of one.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 7:43 pm

I got to Moorgate at just gone 6pm to be informed that all trains to Hertford North would be starting from Kings Cross. I gave up and am now sitting on a train at Liverpool Street just about to depart to Hertford East (just missed the one half hour ago so went to hotel chocolat and treated my other half to some stocking fillers as it is his favourite) 8-)