Hertford North Disruption

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
mistlethrush
Hertford North Disruption

Post by mistlethrush » Thu 12 Dec, 2013 8:50 am

I just tried to drop my wife off at North for the train in and there were lots of people outside and the advice was to use East, so we did that. The website says:
Electrical supply problems between Gordon Hill and Hertford North means there are no trains between Stevenage and Gordon Hill. Buses are running between Watton-at-Stone and Gordon Hill with extended journey times of up to 30 minutes.
Just in case anyone reads this before setting out :)

Kateg28

Re: Hertford North Disruption

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 12 Dec, 2013 9:49 am

Did exactly the same and my OH dropped me at HFE.

I often check on twitter before I leave in the morning but didn't today. Never mind, the Greater Anglia Trains were running ok. Hope it is sorted for tonight.

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Thu 12 Dec, 2013 11:50 am

If you haven't already sign up to the FCC twitter feed. It's really helpful for Hertford North users (like myself) as they tell us when the trains are delayed or cancelled. Which if i'm honest has been ni on every day since last Monday.

The service has really gone to the dogs the past few weeks.

Moose66

Post by Moose66 » Thu 12 Dec, 2013 12:00 pm

I agree, the service has been very poor recently. I have been late for work a number of times in the last 2 or 3 weeks
Does the Twitter feed really work? Often the train company doesn't seem to know what is going on.
Mind you, just last week when stuck not moving the driver suggested that we should look up the reason for our delay on our smartphones as he had no idea!
Perhaps all the drivers should get the Twitter feed too?!!

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 12 Dec, 2013 1:43 pm

I have found the Twitter feed really useful, just need to remember to check it. I follow Greater Anglia as well.
You can also see fellow passengers tweets so sometimes that really sheds some light on what is happening.

When you tweet to them for clarification, they usually reply. I have had very silly conversations with them. Brightens my day.. :lol:

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Thu 12 Dec, 2013 6:11 pm

Kateg28 wrote:I have found the Twitter feed really useful, just need to remember to check it. I follow Greater Anglia as well.
You can also see fellow passengers tweets so sometimes that really sheds some light on what is happening.

When you tweet to them for clarification, they usually reply. I have had very silly conversations with them. Brightens my day.. :lol:
Kateg28 - I have done the exact same thing. Only last week when they said the trains were running at speed restrictions, I questioned it. Asked them why was I hurtling at full speed from Cuffley to Gordon Hill when we should be going slow. Can't remember the response but it was brief.

One thing that is good about it, is that over the past week they've sent me the link for the delay repay claims which means i haven't had to trawl through the FCC website looking for it.

Taxing

Post by Taxing » Fri 13 Dec, 2013 8:59 am

As well as twitter you can sign up for text alerts with FCC, which i find useful as you don't have to remember to check, as they automatically come through when there are problems

codek2

Post by codek2 » Fri 13 Dec, 2013 9:45 am

i'll echo the benefit of the twitter feed. I've had experiences where they actually know more than the driver does. ( altho often the driver just fails to share information - they are bad at that on firstcc )

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Fri 13 Dec, 2013 1:19 pm

Service ran at delays this morning as well and according to the twitter feed there is currently no service running from Finsbury Park to Moorgate due to problems!

When will it end.

If you are on twitter and don't follow First Capital Connect, but now wish to. Their name is @FirstCC

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Sat 04 Jan, 2014 2:07 pm

Has anyone successfully claimed delay repay compensation for the 12th?

Like bubbaoshea I followed FCC's advice to travel via Hertford East.

I had intended to catch the 07:25 from Hertford North and ended up getting the 07:57 from Hertford East. With a longer running time into Liverpool Street this made me more than 30 minutes late.

When I submitted a claim I said that I had tried to travel at 07:25. FCC have refused the claim stating that 07:33 ran from Hertford North. I have a screen capture from their web app which states that buses were running between Watton-at-Stone and Gordon Hill and it specifically states that the 07:33 from Hertford North to Moorgate was cancelled.