Esso Garage

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Caramel
Re: Esso Garage

Post by Caramel » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 9:42 am

Does anyone know when the Esso Garage is likely to reopen? It was reportedly due to open again on July 18th, but looks like it will be a while, judging by the site at the moment! I hope they get a move on, it is a pain, that it is not open! :D

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 8:36 am

The cheapest non supermarket one around is an Esso one in Stevenage (on the big roundabout on the A602, Broadhall way?).

I sign up to an email service that lets me know the cheapest fuel around for a specific radius around a postcode and that one comes up consistently for Diesel and Super unleaded (no idea about standard unleaded).

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Thu 24 Jul, 2014 8:59 am

Caramel wrote:Does anyone know when the Esso Garage is likely to reopen? It was reportedly due to open again on July 18th, but looks like it will be a while, judging by the site at the moment! I hope they get a move on, it is a pain, that it is not open! :D

They guys working there estimate it will be another 4 weeks. New tanks being installed this week, then it will be a case of putting it all back together again.

The problems have been caused by the exceptionally high water table levels at present, which are way beyond what they were expecting to find. One told me that it has been the most difficult tank replacement job he has ever done in his 30 years of installing tanks.

Caramel

Post by Caramel » Thu 24 Jul, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks Robbo, I just been past and can see the tanks are there. :D

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Mon 15 Sep, 2014 3:00 am

Finally, open again