Anyone own an LDV Minibus/Campervan?....

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
mattinhertford
Anyone own an LDV Minibus/Campervan?....

Post by mattinhertford » Sat 12 Jan, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi,

I'm considering buying an LDV Minibus to partially convert to a campervan but before I do I'm doing some due diligence and would like to chat with someone who already owns one, either a minibus or campervan.

I'm after an early model, old style - see pic below (think Post Office vans!), rather than the newer Transit style LDV-Maxus.

If that's you and you'd like to chat to a potential LDV owner abouts the pros and cons of LDV ownership then pls message me. I'm happy to supply beer money in exchange for your time.

Many Thanks

Matt (Hertford)
Attachments
LDV Minibus.JPG
LDV Minibus.JPG (63.57KiB)Viewed 5294 times

jackanapes

Re: Anyone own an LDV Minibus/Campervan?....

Post by jackanapes » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 5:36 pm

Hey Matt, I've had a similar aspiration for a few years and while I haven't directly owned or even researched the van in question I've been on enough "what van" threads over the years to say that LDV would be near the bottom of the pile. For these bigger style vans the undisputed top pick would be a MB Sprinter, followed by a VW Crafter (essentially same/very similar van), then you've got a choice between Ford, Renault/Nissan/Vauxhall vans and the Fiat/Ducato/Peugeot/Citroen vans which are the basis of most "factory/coach-built" motorhomes. Never an LDV. I think converting a minibus is a bit harder than a standard panel van due to the windows and maybe built a bit heavier/differently to add safety? Please keep us updated I'd be interested to see what you get and the process by which you reached your decision.