Footfruit
Re: Restaurant/takeaway ideas

Post by Footfruit » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:37 pm

Kateg28 wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:24 am
Hugo Kane wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 5:31 pm
Be nice to have somewhere 100% Vegetarian / Vegan
I don't think it would work. I am not vegetarian but enjoy vegetarian dishes so probably only eat meat/fish etc in half my dinners. The problem would be if I was vegetarian and my husband wasn't (and wanted meat) then we would go somewhere that caters for both. People wont go to two takeaways. What you want is to increase the choice and have good tasty (and ethical) vegetarian offerings within other takeaways . For this I think Galos comes closest currently as it has a wide choice but most other takeaways see vegetarian meals as an obligation and have no creativity.
I think you are absolutely right Kateg28. I am a vegetarian but don't think a totally vegetarian restaurant with a vegan offering would be sustainable in Hertford, much as I would like it to be. However, that doesn't mean that vegetarians and vegans are an insignificant part of the market and unable to influence their co-diners to choose a restaurant offering vegetarian and vegan food that shows imagination and inspiration, as well as something to satisfy the meat-eaters. Indeed, such restaurants may well be able to steal a march on those (the majority as far as I am concerned) that don't.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:18 pm

thats already here. The white horse has EXCELLENT vegan and vegetarian options

Mack E. Avelly

Post by Mack E. Avelly » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 12:24 am

...and no customers.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 2:06 am

Mack E. Avelly wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 12:24 am
...and no customers.
They've all been banned

Mack E. Avelly

Post by Mack E. Avelly » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 12:04 pm

I am of course assuming this is the pub in Castle Street. I don't know of the food offered by the re-opened Hotel in Hertingfordbury.

I had heard of the red card being shown to several regulars who politely enquired about the business plans. There may have been other justifiable cases, but the ones I know of left me scratching my head as to how it would make enough money to pay for the lights, let alone all the other massive overheads that come with that place (eye watering rates and ruinous rent/wet rent), if the customers are driven away for such innocent misdemeanours.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 5:49 pm

ah yes, i was clearly talking about the hertingfordbury one.

Castle street, well it's a lucky dip if it's open or not, let alone has it got any food!

Mack E. Avelly

Post by Mack E. Avelly » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 12:04 am

Thanks for the clarification, that makes far more sense. As for The Tumbleweed Arms.. who knows what's next.

rogerstone

Post by rogerstone » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 6:18 pm

codek2 wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 5:49 pm
ah yes, i was clearly talking about the hertingfordbury one.

Castle street, well it's a lucky dip if it's open or not, let alone has it got any food!
As far as I'm aware the kitchen is being refitted,

Not sure why it's being boycotted as I find the new managers nice & friendly and very approachable.