House on Millmead way

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Hertford?
shawnspencer
House on Millmead way

Post by shawnspencer » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking to move to Hertford and have found a promising house in Millmead way. I was wondering if the online community had any opinions that you were willing to share with someone lacking the local knowledge you possess! Does the area have a nice reputation? I know it is close to the Beane, has there been any flooding there specifically in recent years? Anything else poignant that you think we should know?

Thanks in advance!

TcfL

Re: House on Millmead way

Post by TcfL » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 8:29 am

Afraid can't comment on area as I do not live in that part of town but re flooding you need to go to https://flood-warning-information.servi ... flood-risk Hope that helps.

monkeyman1974

Post by monkeyman1974 » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 9:45 pm

shawnspencer wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking to move to Hertford and have found a promising house in Millmead way. I was wondering if the online community had any opinions that you were willing to share with someone lacking the local knowledge you possess! Does the area have a nice reputation? I know it is close to the Beane, has there been any flooding there specifically in recent years? Anything else poignant that you think we should know?

Thanks in advance!
Nice enough part of town, seems well maintained; good primary school and a short walk to station / town (plus not a cut thru). Built late 1990's

Mack E. Avelly

Post by Mack E. Avelly » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 10:38 pm

Blissfully crime free in 2018, expand the search to see where things are not quite so harmonious.

That said Hertford is a very safe and pleasant place to live in all fairness.

https://www.police.uk/hertfordshire/A04 ... me/797258/