Maidenhead Street

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Steve
Project Leader
Re: Maidenhead Street

Post by Steve » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 3:29 am

Maidenhead Street has been looking sorry for itself for many years. I welcome the improvements which will certainly make it a lot nicer IMHO.
jasmine98 wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 12:35 pm
Interesting to see Maidenhead Street today and the ongoing 'improvements'. All the old paving being removed and looks as though it is being scrapped. New pretty grey paving being laid but can someone tell me how this is an improvement, just seems creating havoc and wasting money. Engine running on an excavator, not being used but spewing out lots of foul diesel fumes. Can someone tell me exactly how all this long drawn out work will enhance the street and surrounding area, all I can see is that it will reduce car parking and discourage even more shoppers from visiting Hertford.

jbond

Post by jbond » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:44 am

On Saturday morning, I was enjoying a cup of coffee in the Coffee Lab. And noting the line of cars parked all the way down the single yellow (Mon-Sat, 8am-6pm) in Bull Plain. Do the traffic wardens work on Saturdays?

TcfL

Post by TcfL » Fri 07 Jun, 2019 11:38 am

Taking account of the HUDS statement "As part of these works, new gates will be installed at either end of Maidenhead Street." I can't help but wonder where these gates are? Overall, I personally feel Bull Plain is much improved, though still a work in progress, but am confused as to where blue badge holders are parking. As it is a restricted zone, I assumed they must ONLY use the marked bays and not park elsewhere. Does anyone know the correct position as I note ordinary motorists are being ticketed but not blue badge holders? As for Maidenhead St I remain dismayed at the surface condition - being oil stained and there being no effort to clean it, so can't help feeling Highways (who I presume recommended it) have made a poor choice?

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sun 09 Jun, 2019 8:21 pm

TcfL wrote:
Fri 07 Jun, 2019 11:38 am
Taking account of the HUDS statement "As part of these works, new gates will be installed at either end of Maidenhead Street." I can't help but wonder where these gates are? Overall, I personally feel Bull Plain is much improved, though still a work in progress, but am confused as to where blue badge holders are parking. As it is a restricted zone, I assumed they must ONLY use the marked bays and not park elsewhere. Does anyone know the correct position as I note ordinary motorists are being ticketed but not blue badge holders? As for Maidenhead St I remain dismayed at the surface condition - being oil stained and there being no effort to clean it, so can't help feeling Highways (who I presume recommended it) have made a poor choice?
The gates are due to go in at the end of June. It would have been much sooner had the manufacturer not cocked up the measurements and tried to install them unpainted.

I think it was one of the parking attendants that told me that blue badge holders can park all day in the bays but only for up to three hours outside the bays.

https://www.disabledmotoring.org/parkin ... et-parking

TcfL

Post by TcfL » Mon 10 Jun, 2019 12:59 pm

Thanks for that - finally found it https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/media- ... iction.pdf. I read the Schedule not realising that they were exempt under para 4(i)!