Port Hill Skittles

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Darcy Sarto
Port Hill Skittles

Post by Darcy Sarto » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 5:07 pm

Red Ka Lady has gone up in the world and now has a Black Zafira parked just as provocatively :evil:

Marilyn

Re: Port Hill Skittles

Post by Marilyn » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 9:37 am

Are you sure its the same owner........need to be careful. Having said that when the traffic lights were up those 2 cars now parked in that spot were not helping when large vehicles could not pass them and the stationery line of traffic.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 12:34 pm

Marilyn wrote:Are you sure its the same owner........need to be careful. Having said that when the traffic lights were up those 2 cars now parked in that spot were not helping when large vehicles could not pass them and the stationery line of traffic.
You are, of course, correct. I have never met or even seen Red Ka Lady and only knew of her existence anecdotally from this forum. She may have reformed and become blameless so my earlier posting could be interpreted as a viscious calumny. :oops:

All I know is that Black Zafira Person isn't making things any easier :evil:

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 2:05 pm

Darcy Sarto wrote:You are, of course, correct. I have never met or even seen Red Ka Lady and only knew of her existence anecdotally from this forum. She may have reformed and become blameless ... :oops:
Or even moved away

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 4:47 pm

I do agree whoever it belongs to it is totally thoughtless and poses a danger. It was bad enough trying to see round a smaller car but the current situation is worse. I wonder how many wing mirrors will be replaced before they realise it would be best not left there...............

lisam

Post by lisam » Sun 23 Mar, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi, I have been reading the forums with interest for a couple of years now, I have read about the ka lady and never dreamed that I would become her successor!!!! I think I am 'black Zafira lady'. Having only moved to Port Hill at the beginning of the month, we are finding our way with the parking situation, which isn't great, and with 4 children the nearer we can park to the house the better, but it became obvious very quickly that the space to which you refer is not at all suitable....luckily before any new wing mirrors were needed! Parking there now is only done when there are absolutely no spaces available. BTW, I do not know the whereabouts of the KA lady.

buzz

Post by buzz » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:48 am

Parking there now is only done when there are absolutely no spaces available. BTW, I do not know the whereabouts of the KA lady.
lisam Posts: 1Joined: Sun 23 Mar, 2014 8:13 am

Sorry that is no excuse.You must have realised what the parking situation was like before you moved there . There is a perfectly good public car park about 200yds away. Use that!

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:44 pm

We are looking to move, and parking is a major consideration. If you can't park properly/safely what's the point? Unbelievable.

lisam

Post by lisam » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 1:35 pm

I am not making excuses simply telling the truth, I do not wish to get into a battle over this, I am not that type of person. You will not see my car in that spot again as I do not want to cause a problem and certainly do not want to be upset by strong views shown in this thread.

Ted Badger

Post by Ted Badger » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 2:54 pm

lisam wrote:I am not making excuses simply telling the truth, I do not wish to get into a battle over this, I am not that type of person. You will not see my car in that spot again as I do not want to cause a problem and certainly do not want to be upset by strong views shown in this thread.
Don't worry Lisa - they're quite an unforgiving bunch on this forum - if you think of the muppets up in the balcony then it makes it a bit easier to deal with.

:-)