Congratulations to Lussmans, won an award today!

Your restaurant reviews
Kateg28
Congratulations to Lussmans, won an award today!

Post by Kateg28 » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 9:07 pm

I have just got home from attending the National Fish and Chip awards in London (I was a guest of one of the main sponsors) and I was surprised and delighted to see our very own Lussmans up for an award "best food service operator". (Where they serve excellent fish and chips but they are not a fish and chip shop so it is not their core business).

Even more delighted that they won (beating Morrisons supermarket!!!).

Well done.

Golden

Re: Congratulations to Lussmans, won an award today!

Post by Golden » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 10:31 pm

Wish I'd had that on Monday then - I gave them three visits in the past year to see if I was wrong in the past, or they'd changed, but unfortunately I won't be going there again. Also they've got very expensive compared to other independent restaurants in town.

Happy to see they've been successful but were they only up against Morrisons in this category??

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 2:52 am

Golden wrote:I gave them three visits in the past year to see if I was wrong in the past, or they'd changed, but unfortunately I won't be going there again.
What was it specifically that you were unhappy with? I know that Andrei is keen on ensuring customer satisfaction.
Golden wrote:Also they've got very expensive compared to other independent restaurants in town.
Maybe because of all the awards they keep winning ;)

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 8:52 am

TBH this time it was just bland - the quality of the produce was fine but there was absolutely nothing to get excited about - especially at those prices :shock: :shock:

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 9:55 am

This was the final so I have no idea who were in their category in total.

I haven't been there for a couple of years but will now give them a try again as they must be doing something right. I do know for the Fish and Chip shop category (which several hundred of the 7,500 eligible shops apply for) it involves an inspection and 3 mystery shoppers when you get through to the top 30 and then an interview when you get into the top 10. Not sure what it involved for Lussman's category.

However not every restaurant is to everyone's taste and until I have been there again, I cannot comment.