Check it's running from Hertford North...

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
pendodave
Check it's running from Hertford North...

Post by pendodave » Tue 21 Jul, 2015 12:57 pm

Travelled over the weekend and noticed that now summer is here the cancellations to services have started to kick in.

Obviously, despite the cringeworthy poster campaign trying to persuade us that GN actually have enough staff to run the service, there's still not enough drivers to go round once the summer leave cycle kicks in.

I would recommend anyone travelling via Hertford North over the next couple of months, especially at weekends, to check well beforehand to see if it's running (nationalrail.co.uk, other sites/apps available). Then at least you can reschedule if necessary.

And before anyone starts blaming the staff, leave is very strictly planned and allocated throughout the year (and for the next few years as well if it's anything like my lot). There's not enough drivers because they make more money that way. Try talking to your MP about it, you know how we're all in it together....

pendodave

Re: Check it's running from Hertford North...

Post by pendodave » Sat 19 Dec, 2015 11:44 am

Sad to say, this is still a problem six months later.

Every other train cancelled in the evenings at the moment, so if you're having a christmas night out, check rail enquiries about an hour before going home so that you don't end up having to wait at Finsbury for an hour...

My contempt for these crooks is even greater than theirs for their customers (but not shareholders, obv).

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Sat 19 Dec, 2015 11:22 pm

Yup was about to post, drove to Hertford North this evening to drop of Mrs N to find ALL trains on the board in both directions cancelled. An announcement talked about staff shortages. Cue mad dash to Hertford East!

Must be the train drivers Christmas party or something!

They think it will last all weekend...

codek2

Post by codek2 » Tue 22 Dec, 2015 5:23 pm

Any idea if things have improved? I'm travelling in tomorrow from HFN and returning late, bit concerned!