Women's Cycling Tour

Discussion on local sporting fixtures and clubs
Lawix
Re: Women's Cycling Tour

Post by Lawix » Mon 12 May, 2014 7:33 am

Great turn out in Hertford after watching the race on ITV4.... I think we did Hertford proud and hopefully we will attract more sport events

Here's my video that I did on the day.... http://youtu.be/-GKkJXmMHIM" target="_blank

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Mon 12 May, 2014 7:54 am

Lawix wrote:Great turn out in Hertford after watching the race on ITV4.... I think we did Hertford proud and hopefully we will attract more sport events

Here's my video that I did on the day.... http://youtu.be/-GKkJXmMHIM" target="_blank

Nice video.

I watched the tour coming through Hertford Heath.

I tried to count the number of police motorbikes coming thorough but gave up after 30..... apparently a lot of them were down from Yorkshire, using the women's tour as a practice run for the TDF.

Joby

Post by Joby » Mon 12 May, 2014 9:14 am

It was great to see so many people out supporting the event on Saturday - there was a wonderful atmosphere. The crowds up Port Hill were incredible. I dragged my kids along in the hope that it would inspire them, although I suspect they actually enjoyed the police motorbikes more.

leo densian

Post by leo densian » Mon 12 May, 2014 9:45 am

Robbo wrote:I tried to count the number of police motorbikes coming thorough but gave up after 30..... apparently a lot of them were down from Yorkshire, using the women's tour as a practice run for the TDF.
32 according to my mother which seems a lot more than I remember for the olympic torch event. And yes, they were from forces all over - the logistics of the road closures was a year in the planning according to my neighbour who works at the police headquarters.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Mon 12 May, 2014 10:04 am

leo densian wrote:
Robbo wrote:I tried to count the number of police motorbikes coming thorough but gave up after 30..... apparently a lot of them were down from Yorkshire, using the women's tour as a practice run for the TDF.
32 according to my mother which seems a lot more than I remember for the olympic torch event. And yes, they were from forces all over - the logistics of the road closures was a year in the planning according to my neighbour who works at the police headquarters.
I rather suspect that might have been one or maybe two days a month for a year rather than 365 days work? ;)

abstract123

Post by abstract123 » Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:10 am

When will the next Tour started. I want to participate in it ;)

Joby

Post by Joby » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 12:28 pm

The Women's Tour of Britain is passing through Hertford again this year - stage 4 on Saturday 20th June. They clearly love Port Hill!

http://www.womenstour.co.uk/stages/stage4/index.php