Updated Monday 18th August 2003
Events at Hertford Castle & Grounds
A number of events take place in the Castle Grounds each year, organised by or in association with Hertford Town Council.
For the late Summer, the Town Council is staging an afternoon of Scottish Dancing and a Garden Festival in The Grounds.
Open Air Scottish Dancing and Beating Retreat
Sunday 7th September 2003, 2pm-5pm
Enjoy a riverside picnic to the sound of the Pipe Band and The South East Herts Scottish Country Dance Society. Refreshments are available together with tours of The Castle.
Free admission and plenty of parking in St.Andrew Street.
Sunday 14th September 2003
From the experienced gardener to budding beginner, there's something for everyone to enjoy including the 2003 Hertford In Bloom Awards.
- Horticultual Society's annual autumn show
- Gardening Stalls, plants and tools
- Floral displays, talks and demonstrations
- Garden and craft stands on large marquee
- Local flower clubs & Gardening Societies
- Live music, castle tours, Punch'n'Judy show & bouncy castle
- Free parking in St.Andrew Street