Bengeo Byelection

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
night owl
Re: Bengeo Byelection

Post by night owl » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 1:48 am

mistlethrush wrote:
night owl wrote:Vote UKIP or Hertford will end up looking like Luton, go on Youtube and type in Muslim Luton and see for yourself.
Thankfully I think most residents of Hertford are well educated and rational.
I think most of the residents of Hertford on here are blinkered and could not give a hoot about the future of Hertford or their children or grandchildren's future and take the attitude of stuff you Jack I am alright, well how would you feel if that was Lee Rigby killed in St Andrews Street coming out of the T.A. centre, I suppose if you saw his dead body you just cross the road and pretend it never happened, has anyone seen the video's on Youtube yet? I doubt it, you should see their little war dance out on the street, stripped to the waste slapping themselves and this is how Hertford will look in another 10 years or so, good luck because I will be gone and sitting back laughing at your blinkered ignorance saying I told you so.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 4:02 am

night owl wrote:I think ...
Everything that follows suggests you don't.

IMHO

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 10:10 am

mistlethrush wrote:
night owl wrote:Vote UKIP or Hertford will end up looking like Luton, go on Youtube and type in Muslim Luton and see for yourself.
Thankfully I think most residents of Hertford are well educated and rational.
Maybe a UKIP town councillor could make a stand against those perfidious foreigners by cancelling the town twinning as the Conservative Town Council down the road in Bishop's Stortford did?

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 11:21 am

Capitalist Piglet wrote:I think the poor Strigiform was a bit of a trollet on the previous forum & seems to have got worse on the new one. Best ignore the xenaphobic old boy/girl. As much to help them as anything else......
A very heavily disguised troll as the insults are indirect and you do get the impression the specimen really believes the effluent being issued forth.

james

Post by james » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 12:53 pm

night owl wrote: good luck because I will be gone and sitting back laughing at your blinkered ignorance saying I told you so.
Where you going? Emigrating? :|

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 2:10 pm

I find it disappointing that some on here think of UKIP as being a racist party. It's not. and just because an article in the NS says so is no proof at all. are there racists in UKIP? almost certainly yes. are there racists in the 2 major parties ? again, almost certainly yes. As for the Liberal Democrats... who cares.

UKIP may be a party that focusses on one major issue but the issue is the most important for the future of this country but to call them racists is just plain wrong. but the that's the way of the Labour legacy...if you criticise someones religion, you are called racist, if you critisise someones stance on immigration, you are called racist... in fact I'm surprised no-ones has called the Spurs fans racists for throwing coins at Theo Walcot on saturday. As Churchill said 'the facists of the future will be the anti-facists!'

what UKIP wants is controlled immigration so that we can know that our children get to go to their local school instead of missing out by a couple of places to eastern european children and so that we can go to our local hospital knowing that we won't be kept waiting because there are queues of incomers ahead of us in line. Not much to ask is it?

calling UKIP racist is like calling Gordon Brown economically competent.... clearly not true!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 2:21 pm

But what is the relevance of UKIP policies to a TOWN COUNCIL election? Are there UKIP policies on allotments and cemetery maintenance?

codek2

Post by codek2 » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 2:25 pm

Andrew - what is the point of ANY political party for a town council election?

Nothing the town council does is party political.

Its all a farce.

(oops, rant over, apologies..)

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 2:41 pm

what value does UKIP have in Town Councils? same as all the others... not much.... I'd be all in favour of independents making up the entire council. but we could then ask, why have a town council? when we have a district and county council as well already? three councils duplicating (even triplicating) work, and costing us too much money.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 4:09 pm

MultiDad wrote:what value does UKIP have in Town Councils? same as all the others... not much.... I'd be all in favour of independents making up the entire council. but we could then ask, why have a town council? when we have a district and county council as well already? three councils duplicating (even triplicating) work, and costing us too much money.
All three councils have different responsibilities.

www.hertford.net/localgovernment.asp