Planning permission for a new shed?

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Hertford?
mattinhertford
Planning permission for a new shed?

Post by mattinhertford » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi all,

Reaching out to the Hertford community to see if anyone can help!

I'm planning on building a new shed in my back garden. It will be in the back garden and within 2 metres of the rear boundary of the property. I have done some research and found that if the height is no more than 2.5 metres, and the floor area is less than 15 sq metres (and as long as the shed is in the back garden, not on listed property etc), then it does NOT need planning permission....however.....that rear boundary backs onto a road at the back of my house, and I cannot find out if that makes a difference or not?

I think I'm OK, but I'd hate to hand build this and then get told to take it down!!

If anyone happens to know then feel free to share.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas all.

Matt

Darcy Sarto

Re: Planning permission for a new shed?

Post by Darcy Sarto » Sat 23 Dec, 2017 7:37 am

Pretty sure you don’t (but a short call to the council will resolve that). If your shed erection skills are anything like mine it can’t be classed as a permanent structure anyway.....

TcfL

Post by TcfL » Sat 23 Dec, 2017 10:08 am

Agree with above comment - but this might also help https://www.planningni.gov.uk/index/... ... ctures.htm

codek2

Post by codek2 » Sat 23 Dec, 2017 4:29 pm

nope you're all good.

There was a house i saw on rightmove once, it was on ware road, some of those houses have 300ft gardens. It had a 100ft shed!!!!! Epic.

Check out george clarks amazing spaces for some inspiration

mattinhertford

Post by mattinhertford » Wed 27 Dec, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks all for your comments, and the suggested inspiration.

I’m now off to google how to build a basement under a shed....after all, it’s just a big hole right :D

Matt