Musical Mystery Tour 2017

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Steve
Project Leader
Musical Mystery Tour 2017

Post by Steve » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 2:50 am

This year's Musical Mystery Tour takes place on Sunday 27th August 2017.

For more information, visit
http://www.hertfordmusicfestival.co.uk/ ... y-tour.php

HertfordEastEnd

Re: Musical Mystery Tour 2017

Post by HertfordEastEnd » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 2:49 pm

It was great - some good music, and it was lovely to see so many people in the town. The sun came out too. It looked like Hertford at its best!

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 6:56 pm

And here is The Mercury's coverage of the event

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/h ... story.html

:o

newgirl

Post by newgirl » Tue 29 Aug, 2017 1:07 pm

It was great to see so many people of all ages out enjoying the sunshine.

The only sour note for me was the middle aged singer at the Hertford Club singing Chas n Dave style stuff liberally sprinkled with the F word. Several horrified parents couldn't wait to get their children out of the gate. Not a good choice for a Sunday afternoon song at such a venue.

Otherwise, really pleased it was such a popular event

Golden

Post by Golden » Tue 29 Aug, 2017 1:46 pm

I can assure Newgirl that Kevin wouldn't have chosen this band for any pm venue if he'd known - there was an issue a few years ago like this and the act were soon replaced. The venue could have intervened if it was deemed inappropriate.

newgirl

Post by newgirl » Tue 29 Aug, 2017 3:19 pm

Well, I didn't stick around long enough to find out if there was an intervention from the Hertford club or not. I had my elderly parents with me so we left as soon as we heard what was being sung. He seemed to have got to the end of the song without any interference though.

I'm sure the organisers would not have been happy but I am mostly surprised at the "artist" himself who did not have the sense to realise it was inappropriate whilst singing less than 20 feet from 10 year olds. Perhaps I am just old fashioned?? :shock:

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 3:19 am

newgirl wrote:Well, I didn't stick around long enough to find out if there was an intervention from the Hertford club or not. I had my elderly parents with me so we left as soon as we heard what was being sung. He seemed to have got to the end of the song without any interference though.

I'm sure the organisers would not have been happy but I am mostly surprised at the "artist" himself who did not have the sense to realise it was inappropriate whilst singing less than 20 feet from 10 year olds. Perhaps I am just old fashioned?? :shock:
I have taken the liberty of passing on your comments to Pat Crilly, who organised The Hertford Club's participation in this years event, and he was most apologetic. Due to last minute changes to the schedule, this artist appeared earlier than he might otherwise have done. Thanks for the feedback :)

newgirl

Post by newgirl » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks Steve. Hopefully it can be avoided for next year.
Looking forward to it already. What a great place Hertford is !