Three cheers for Mark Prisk

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Darcy Sarto
Re: Three cheers for Mark Prisk

Post by Darcy Sarto » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 10:57 pm

Oh - and I think (but could be wrong) that the "mysoginistic homophobes" remark was possibly aimed at the DUP rather than the Tories........ but if the cap fits......
Last edited by Darcy Sarto on Tue 04 Jul, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 11:02 pm

leo densian wrote:44 quid per mile travel expenses. Ker-ching!

http://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/383
I'll buy a Jag and drive him about myself for £40 per mile (saving the hardworking tax paying families £4 per mile). I might even run to a chauffeur's hat for doffing at appropriate moments.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 1:52 am

MultiDad wrote:so Mr Admin, someone comes on and calls tories bigots and that's ok? racists? ok as well...? what a shame that that Hertford.net is now a shadow of itself.
Don't be ridiculous. I did not say anything like that. Please read what I wrote, without some wild imagined misinterpretation to suit your partisan agenda.

And I fail to see how me being "Mr.Admin" has any bearing on the matter. The views expressed are my own personal views and nothing to do with how the website is run. You appear to be attempting to smear both me and the website.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 7:25 am

Can someone help an older but apparently politically naive duffer...

I am searching this thread for anyone other than MultiDad who has used the terms "racist" or "bigot"? Doth he protest too much or too loudly? I know what methinks.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 8:30 am

Not sure about bigots and racists but you (Darcy Sarto) used the terms vicious and fascist, and implied that Tories were less than weasels and should not exist.

Drama Queen

Post by Drama Queen » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 9:53 am

Its a lovely day in Hertford today and I am really dismayed by all the nasty comments on this thread to each other. I judge local MPs by what they do and the same with local councillors.. if they look after my perceived interests or things I need doing locally and help in any way - whatever their political persuasion they are fine by me.. perhaps this thread ought to come to an end.. I guess we cannot all be everyone's favourite.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 12:43 pm

Kateg28 wrote:Not sure about bigots and racists but you (Darcy Sarto) used the terms vicious and fascist, and implied that Tories were less than weasels and should not exist.
Ooh you know you're dead right. That is just what I said.

Take it as a lesson in hyperbole to add to your worldly wiseishness :lol:

What's wrong with weasels? "no more right" does not necessarily suggest any less right as you appear to have inferred. As Steve has already mentioned you really need to read what people say not react to what you think they are saying.

Mind you I probably like weasels more than most (but not all) Tories I have met. Fine exceptions are Ken Clarke and our own dear Peter Ruffles who generally don't spout vitriol and easily pass the weasel test.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 12:49 pm

Drama Queen wrote:I judge local MPs by what they do
Me too. Voting to give public sector no pay rise for a seventh consecutive year and then CHEERING having won the vote. That's the sort of thing I judge them on.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 12:53 pm

Drama Queen wrote:Its a lovely day in Hertford today and I am really dismayed by all the nasty comments on this thread to each other. I judge local MPs by what they do and the same with local councillors.. if they look after my perceived interests or things I need doing locally and help in any way - whatever their political persuasion they are fine by me.. perhaps this thread ought to come to an end.. I guess we cannot all be everyone's favourite.
This is a relatively tame bit of Tory baiting rather than any real nastiness (at least not on my part). If certain correspondents choose to react intemperately then it's quite a success really (if a bit infantile and non-productive). Little things.....

leo densian

Post by leo densian » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 6:20 pm

So does anyone on here flying the blue flag actually agree with the pay freeze for the Fire Brigade, Police etc. then? Just asking.