Bengeo Byelection

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Steve
Project Leader
Bengeo Byelection

Post by Steve » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 4:55 pm

This should be interesting. Following the death of Russell Radford, there's an election in Bengeo for the town council seat he left vacant. What's interesting is that there's no Tory candidate :o

www.hertford.net/blog/default.asp?id=1341

night owl

Re: Bengeo Byelection

Post by night owl » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 6:05 pm

Vote UKIP or Hertford will end up looking like Luton, go on Youtube and type in Muslim Luton and see for yourself.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 9:57 pm

night owl wrote:Vote UKIP or Hertford will end up looking like Luton, go on Youtube and type in Muslim Luton and see for yourself.
Words fail me!

night owl

Post by night owl » Wed 01 Jan, 2014 4:05 am

Well try using some lol :lol: Have been on Youtube and had a look yet at what is heading YOUR way or are you going to stay blind and blinkered as to what is going on around you ?

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Wed 01 Jan, 2014 10:15 am

I suspect with no Conservative it will be a low turnout!

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Wed 01 Jan, 2014 10:52 am

Andrew wrote:
night owl wrote:Vote UKIP or Hertford will end up looking like Luton, go on Youtube and type in Muslim Luton and see for yourself.
Words fail me!
I think even the insanity that is UKIP would struggle to act locally to enforce anything based purely on religion. Not only is it ridiculous, offensive and just plain stupid it is simply illegal.

I love the way that any UKIP representative will, spontaneously and without prompting, point out that they are not a racist organisation - even if you're just asking for their opinion on bicycle safety.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... k-evidence
Last edited by Darcy Sarto on Fri 03 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistlethrush

Post by mistlethrush » Wed 01 Jan, 2014 12:12 pm

Thankfully I think most residents of Hertford are well educated and rational.

Capitalist Piglet

Post by Capitalist Piglet » Wed 01 Jan, 2014 7:52 pm

I think the poor Strigiform was a bit of a trollet on the previous forum & seems to have got worse on the new one. Best ignore the xenaphobic old boy/girl. As much to help them as anything else......

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Sat 04 Jan, 2014 2:44 pm

As l understand it, the Conservatives are not putting up a candidate because of there being full elections next year!! :?
Seems a bit daft to me, like saying 'it's only for a year so why bother!!!!!'

night owl

Post by night owl » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 1:31 am

Darcy Sarto wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Words fail me!
I think even the insanity that is UKIP would struggle to act locally to enforce anything based purely on religion. Not only is it ridiculous, offensive and just plain stupid it is simply illegal.

I love the way that any UKIP representative will, spontaneously and without prompting, point out that they are not a racist organisation - even if you're just asking for their opinion on bicycle safety.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... k-evidence
I take it you read the comments underneath Darcy and as one person put it, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story and if you believe what the Newstatesman have written then you will believe anything.