Broxbourne Station Cars

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Golden
Broxbourne Station Cars

Post by Golden » Wed 19 Oct, 2016 8:49 pm

Just a little warning. My wife and three friends returning from London last Saturday were abandoned by AGA at Broxbourne and had to get a cab; they tried to be clever and avoid the queues hence walked up the road to near the park where a BSC driver stopped to take them back to Hertford whereupon he said their policy for when the trains weren't running was to charge individually when the trains were cancelled at the station and asked for £12 each from the four passengers. They paid unfortunately - I would have called his bluff and asked him to take me to the nearest Police station personally.

They have complained but BSC have said that because they didn't use the rank there is nothing they could do - no word on the 'policy change'. My advice would be to call a Hertford firm and meet them further up the road to avoid any possibility of this happening in the future - and to short circuit the queues!

codek2

Re: Broxbourne Station Cars

Post by codek2 » Thu 20 Oct, 2016 7:08 am

Is that actually illegal? Don't know much about taxis, but they do seem to be regulated in a way other companies are not.

Clearly it's not very moral, and neither is it good for customer service, but then it's exactly what uber do with their surge pricing.

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Thu 20 Oct, 2016 6:09 pm

Sounds horrendous.
Taxis are regulated by the council - EHDC I think- and you've been ripped off big style.

Get onto the council website, and report them!!

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Thu 20 Oct, 2016 7:59 pm

Robbo wrote:Taxis are regulated by the council - EHDC I think- and you've been ripped off big style.
Broxbourne isn't part of East Herts, it's run by the Borough of Broxbourne. The southern boundary of East Herts is just north of Hoddesdon.

https://www.broxbourne.gov.uk/business- ... -licensing

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 20 Oct, 2016 8:14 pm

They've decided to complain to Broxbourne borough - the taxi firm have said as the driver wasn't on the rank its nothing to do with them. I'll let you know how this pans out.