GP Surgery in Hertford Recommendation?

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
bubbaoshea
Re: GP Surgery in Hertford Recommendation?

Post by bubbaoshea » Thu 04 Feb, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi, I certainly won't be recommending Wallace House are they are terribly bad now. So bad in fact i'm thinking of moving the family to another surgery in Hertford. If we can find one that is taking new patients on.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Fri 05 Feb, 2016 9:37 am

I have been with Wallace House for nearly six years now since I moved to Hertford. Why do you think they are so bad?

I cannot comment as only used them twice in that time and once was excellent and once was ok.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Sat 06 Feb, 2016 9:21 am

Wallace house are bad because of their administration in my experience. The doctors as I imagine with any surgery are fine. At wallace house you have to really battle with the rude receptionist in order to get an appointment that isnt at LEAST 3 weeks away.

They've said time and time again they'll improve it, but I've not seen any improvement.

And I imagine for most people, especially those that are healthy and not already on a prescription, if you're ringing the doc, it's pretty much unusual, so you're generally not going to want to wait 3 weeks!

dutch knight

Post by dutch knight » Sat 06 Feb, 2016 9:36 pm

I use Wallace House ,but fortunately not too often ,the last time was back in October ,receptionist was fine ,arranged a call back by a doctor a few hours later. Have always been able to see a doctor ,or the nurse on the same day.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 7:44 pm

I just noticed that since April wallace house has been closed to new patients:

http://www.wallacehousesurgery.co.uk/ne ... 1.html?a=0

Proof of their inability to operate an adequate service.

Lets hope that things now improve! (Perhaps they have already!)

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Thu 15 Sep, 2016 3:25 pm

Unfortunately they haven't. I had to use the surgery three weeks ago (having not been myself for a while) and decided to use the drop in facility. Arrived at 7:50 am, was 3rd on the list (number 3 with the green cards they give out). I thought i'd get through relatively quickly but i was wrong. Two and a half hours later, having been to get a new parking ticket i was still waiting. Ok, people deserve priority but 2.5 hours to wait to see a doctor when there was probably 15 people in the waiting room is crazy.

Added to this my (just turned) 6 year old son had to wait a similar amount of time when he was highly contagious with impatiago in the waiting room because he was over 5 and now must be treated in the same manner as an adult patient.

The Doctors are fine and good but the service is appalling.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Thu 15 Sep, 2016 5:08 pm

funnily enough i was in there a few days ago too - on the walk in.

I was seen within the hour, but was 5th in the queue. they did seem to prioritise some of the kids that were there. of course with a walk in you just take your chances, it's not ideal.

they didn't even offer me a scheduled appointment - they only said come to the walk in - seems to be the default option now.

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Tue 20 Sep, 2016 9:35 am

I know this is an old thread but I was in Hanscombe House yesterday and they have a notice up that they are not taking any patients that are already registered with a Hertford GP practice, i.e. no transfers, only those who are just moving in to the area.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Wed 12 Oct, 2016 7:10 pm

Bad news for wallace house:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37617114