"Calamity Jane" - Hertford Theatre 13-17 October

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Drama Queen
"Calamity Jane" - Hertford Theatre 13-17 October

Post by Drama Queen » Thu 01 Oct, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi everyone!

Well, after our success in the "Quiet Man" pub during the "Musical Mystery Tour" recently, "Calamity Jane" the musical comes to Hertford Theatre from 13-17 October from 7.30 pm nightly and 3.00 pm and 7.30 pm on Saturday 17th too! The story of of how "Calamity" can out shoot, outsmart and outdo anyone in Deadwood City comes to life from Hertford Dramatic & Operatic Society - will she get the actress and star to her home town, will she make the man she loves fall for her? Doris Day made this musical famous and if you remember "The Deadwood Stage" , "Windy City" , "Black Hills of Dakota" and "Secret Love" then this is a musical that will bring a warm glow to you. Full of humour, love, excitement and fabulous costumes and stage set, as only HDOS know how, book your tickets now from Hertford Theatre Box Office on 01992 531 500 or online at www.hertfordtheare.com or in person at the Box Office - This is suitable for children from 9 years upwards and should have you tapping your feet and singing along with the cast in this memorable production only recently toured around the UK with the West End star Jodie Prenger, so come and support your town's dramatic society and get your seats for this wonderful night out now ! ;)

SloopJohnB

Re: "Calamity Jane" - Hertford Theatre 13-17 October

Post by SloopJohnB » Fri 02 Oct, 2015 1:25 pm

Best wishes for this DQ.

One of my favourite shows as Stage Manager. The cast tried to sabotage my set by selling sherry in the Golden Garter but my ASM put a stop to that by putting harmless colouring in the bottles and labelling it sarsparilla.

Drama Queen

Re: "Calamity Jane" - Hertford Theatre 13-17 October

Post by Drama Queen » Fri 02 Oct, 2015 3:42 pm

Thanks Mr Sloop! We are having a great time rehearsing this one, some of the cast will be in Hoddesdon on Sunday at 12.00 midday as part of their Charter Fair music festival at the clock tower for about 30 minutes.. I know we're having a great time and as the weather is slowly drawing in, what better way to feel a bit better about things than to be transported to another place..... :D