A new Cafe?

News and views on shopping in the county town.
MultiDad
A new Cafe?

Post by MultiDad » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 9:30 am

I see that a new Cafe 'Mudlarks' has opened in Railway street. Looks like it should do really well as I can't think of anywhere else in Hertford that sells tea, coffee and cake...

apart from Bebo, Starbucks, Seredipidty, Nerro, Greggs, Costa, that uber-trendy pub whose name I can't recall, Il Vino Deli, Hertford Theatre, The Snug, Galos, several greasy spoon cafes, the 6 ASBO's, etc, etc....

I wish them well but some research before hand might show that the coffee and cake market in Hertford is well covered....

Louis M

Re: A new Cafe?

Post by Louis M » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 12:38 pm

It’s a charity, they have a big section of the Cromwell road allotments. It’s about selling items that they grow/make as well as giving some of the adults with learning difficulties some work experience/ pocket money.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 1:02 pm

It's only a short lease

You'll find Mudlarks' website at http://wordpress.mudlarksgarden.org.uk" target="_blank

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 2:13 pm

then I'll be heading in there :)

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Mon 14 Jul, 2014 9:09 pm

I thought my friends and I would give it a go today as we were in Town at lunchtime. It was closed, great!

Technobetty

Post by Technobetty » Mon 14 Jul, 2014 10:21 pm

Mudlarks Garden Cafe is open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 9.00am to 5.00pm. MultiDad, we are well aware that there are many cafes already in existence in Hertford but we are the only vegetarian one, also offering vegan options and a selection of cakes that are gluten free.

We are, as Louis M stated, a charity and as it says on our website (thanks to Steve for adding the link)
"Our aim is to integrate people with learning difficulties and mental health issues into the community through gardening whilst also promoting conservation and allowing people of all abilities to learn and work together." We are just expanding this ethos into the high street with a cafe, which we'll trial for a year - hence the short lease.

Sorry that you found us closed today Mrs T, we hope that you'll give us a second try.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 8:27 am

cannot wait to try this out, sounds fantastic!

jessicafunkjazz

Post by jessicafunkjazz » Fri 20 Feb, 2015 11:21 pm

OMG the vegan chocolate mud cake is to die for and I believe their live music nights are great!

RichardTaylor

Post by RichardTaylor » Tue 29 Sep, 2015 12:57 pm

Fantastic little cafe with lots to look at and a real individual vibe. And to top if all off its charitable. I wish Bishops Stortford had a coffee shop like this.