My Turkish Kitchen

Your restaurant reviews
Pharcyde
My Turkish Kitchen

Post by Pharcyde » Mon 01 Jun, 2015 1:05 pm

Has anyone been? What are your thoughts......

Joby

Re: My Turkish Kitchen

Post by Joby » Mon 01 Jun, 2015 3:06 pm

Pharcyde wrote:Has anyone been? What are your thoughts......
Went on Thursday night and enjoyed it. It's light, airy and vibrant and definitely not somewhere you'd go for a quiet, romantic meal. As you'd expect from a Turkish kitchen the food leans towards the meaty end of the spectrum (loads of lamb and chicken) although there are plenty of good veggie offerings too.

Footfruit

Post by Footfruit » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 2:33 pm

Went on Saturday night. Despite having a large seating area it was absolutely rammed, with a queue of people waiting for tables (we had booked). The restaurant was somewhat overwhelmed, and after getting our starter promptly we waited some considerable time before getting our main course, during which we "accidentally" ordered a second bottle of wine (oops!). The waiters remained good-humoured though totally rushed off their feet. When the food came though it was v. good and the chef was not compromising on quality to get the orders served. The menu included pide (Turkish pizza) and some excellent veggie options, unusual for a Turkish restaurant in my experience.

Will definitely go again, though not necessarily on a Saturday night, at least not until it's less of a novelty in the town.

arty

Post by arty » Thu 25 Jun, 2015 9:31 am

Visited for the first time last night for a family birthday. Excellent service, enormous selection of genuine Turkish Food. Would recommend it unreservedly. A great addition to the Hertford restaurant scene.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu 25 Jun, 2015 10:12 am

We were there last night, too for our second visit in 3 weeks. Food is great and service is until you want to pay your bill when you become invisible. It is a bit canteen like inside so not the place for a quiet dinner. But on the whole recommended.

@HertfordSoul

Post by @HertfordSoul » Fri 26 Jun, 2015 8:41 am

I've heard nothing but good things about it. Still want to try out Smoky Mojo too which has been recommended by a few different people.

rogerstone

Post by rogerstone » Fri 26 Jun, 2015 6:09 pm

Had an enjoyable meal earlier on in the week. Food good, reasonably priced & fair sized portions but... dear oh dear the noise. It was almost impossible to hold a conversation. It did die down a bit as a large part left but not by much so I wouldn't say it was all their fault. Something to do with all the hard edges I think.

Will go back but once the novelty has work off.

@HertfordSoul

Post by @HertfordSoul » Fri 26 Jun, 2015 10:00 pm

There are some great reviews and pictures on their facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/turkishkitchen ... d/timeline

Looking forward to trying it out. Still haven't been to Smoky Mojo either and have heard good reports about that too.

@HertfordSoul

Post by @HertfordSoul » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 9:50 pm

Finally went last night, highly recommend it.

LoucasX

Post by LoucasX » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 8:20 pm

Me and Mrs X went for lunch today.

Not many people there (we arrived after 3pm) but it had a good atmosphere anyway. I can imagine though as per a previous review here it can get very noisy when busy.

We went for the meat platter. The meat was seasoned well and the herbs and charcoal flavour combined beautifully. The meat was cooked perfectly and really succulent. The platter was accompanied with rice, warm bread, dips and a large salad with a very nice sweet dressing.

We knew it would be too much for 2 but were happy to bring home a doggy bag. The food cost £28 but the photo is just what we took home!.......so will feed us and our son tonight - good value for a meal for 5!

Highly recommended.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.04KiB)Viewed 16554 times