Large White vans in New Street Bengeo

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
buzz
Re: Large White vans in New Street Bengeo

Post by buzz » Sun 01 Feb, 2015 9:10 pm

Ok, you wish to dismiss the Highways Act 1980 as "Rubbish". In addition to S137, check out S148(c) "If without lawful authority or excuse a person deposits any thing whatsoever on a highway to the interuption of any user of the highway he is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine....."
Whether or not an offence is enforced does not mean it is not an offence, just that the powers that be can't be arsed to enforced the law. If you think it is ok to place whatever junk you like on the highway I have news for you. I live a few doors away from you and have recently set up business as a funeral director. Unfortunately I don't have any business premises, but I am re-assured by your comments that it will be OK for me to deposit coffins with corpses in on the highway whilst awaiting their funerals.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Sun 01 Feb, 2015 10:06 pm

It wasn't the Highways Act I was dismissing as rubbish.....

buzz

Post by buzz » Sun 01 Feb, 2015 10:10 pm

Ok, you dismiss an Act of Parliament as "Rubbish". Even the link you have posted includes the offence as defined under S.137 of the Highways Act 1980. If that's not enough check out S.148(c) of the same Act. If you're happy with people depositing all sorts of junk on the highway, I have a proposition for you. I live a few doors away from you. I am setting up as a funeral director, but unfortunately don't have the premises to carry out such a business. However, according to your rules it will be OK for me to stack up coffins containing bodies of deceased persons on the highway.

buzz

Post by buzz » Sun 01 Feb, 2015 10:24 pm

A Parliamentary briefing document doesn't replace an Act of Parliament. Check out S. 137 of the Highways Act 1980 or for further consideration S.148(c) of the same act. The fact is that the legislation does exist, but neither the Police or local authorities can be bothered to enforce it. However, if by your interpretation I decide to set up business as a Funeral Director, but have no premises from which to conduct my business it would be OK to stack up coffins containing bodies of deceased persons on the highway that would be OK?

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Sun 01 Feb, 2015 11:34 pm

More rubbish upon rubbish (you will be causing an obstruction soon)...

All I meant was "The fact is that the legislation does exist, but neither the Police or local authorities can be bothered to enforce it"... Oh sorry you just said that... :lol:

buzz

Post by buzz » Mon 02 Feb, 2015 3:23 pm

It appears that all you can say is "rubbish". That is not a logical argument, just a denial.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Mon 02 Feb, 2015 9:03 pm

It appears that your logical arguments are based on fallacious prejudices and therefore it matters not how the logical progression continues as the discourse is founded in uncomprehending dogma. It's quicker to just say they're rubbish.

When you commence trading as a funeral director you will need to consider the feelings of your recently bereaved clientele in order to maintain a professional reputation. Your "logical" approach may,therefore, have to be tempered in order to maintain some semblance of sensitivity and charm.

When you commence dumping the bodies on the street outside the controlling factors are more likely to be planning, trading standards and environmental health related rather than traffic issues.

Good luck with the new business. Are you sure a coffee shop or nail bar wouldn't be better?

Joby

Post by Joby » Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:08 am

It seems rather unfair to be targeting the owner of the white vans when Bengeo is rife with people using the highway (and pavement) to store their personal property, often in far more inconvenient and dangerous locations.

buzz

Post by buzz » Tue 03 Feb, 2015 11:54 am

Darcy Sarto wrote:It appears that your logical arguments are based on fallacious prejudices and therefore it matters not how the logical progression continues as the discourse is founded in uncomprehending dogma. It's quicker to just say they're rubbish.

When you commence trading as a funeral director you will need to consider the feelings of your recently bereaved clientele in order to maintain a professional reputation. Your "logical" approach may,therefore, have to be tempered in order to maintain some semblance of sensitivity and charm.

When you commence dumping the bodies on the street outside the controlling factors are more likely to be planning, trading standards and environmental health related rather than traffic issues.

Good luck with the new business. Are you sure a coffee shop or nail bar wouldn't be better?

In reply to your ridiculous comment I will use your favourite word "Rubbish"

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Tue 03 Feb, 2015 1:35 pm

A coule of weeks ago we were complaining that forum posting activity had reduced to practically nothing.
Normal service has now resumed- could it be the impact of the mobile friendly version?

Nice to see that pedantry still rules OK!!!

:lol: