Post Office future

News and views on shopping in the county town.
codek2
Re: Post Office future

Post by codek2 » Wed 28 Jan, 2015 4:58 pm

The old mcdonalds has already been taken so i'm told by a friend who is looking for a shop in town..

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Thu 29 Jan, 2015 3:16 pm

Old MacDonalds? is it going to be a farm?

Hertford Born & Bred

Post by Hertford Born & Bred » Thu 29 Jan, 2015 9:37 pm

Well Done all who signed the petition.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/H ... story.html

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 5:38 pm

The petition had nothing to do with securing the long term future of the Post Office. It would have happened regardless. Typical of The Murky and Mark Prisk to cynically exploit the situation and claim that it was somehow their victory.

Davej

Post by Davej » Mon 17 Aug, 2015 12:47 pm

Kateg28 wrote:There is a very sweet post office (if a post office can be called sweet) on the sele farm shops.

It is quite traditional in that it closes for lunch between 1p.m. and 2p.m. but I find this quite endearing (weirdly). The staff in there are really quite lovely and it sells second hand books for charity. I have never been in the main town post office and have found this sub office has been very handy.

I think they may explode if they have to cope with the whole town albeit for a brief period as there are only two windows. :D
This is my nearest one, but the opening times aren't great. It's definitely not prepared to support all (or even a quarter) of the business from the main PO.