Illegal Parking

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Steve
Project Leader
Re: Illegal Parking

Post by Steve » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 1:54 pm

Pharcyde wrote:Whilst not illegal parking, I was wondering if anyone had ever had any trouble parking on molewood close to HFN? A friend of mine had parked there on Wednesday morning and on returning to the car had found that one of the tyres had been deflated using a screwdriver being lovingly pushed through the tyre wall. This is not the first time as the car has been keyed as well. It's not as though they haven't paid road tax, there are no parking restrictions and the car was not parked over anyone's driveway.
Just being pedantic, but

a) There's no such thing as road tax
b) How would they know if Vehicle Excise Duty had been paid? (given that tax discs have been abolished)
c) Needless to say, the tax or parking status of a vehicle does not legitimise criminal damage

Ewoowar

Post by Ewoowar » Tue 04 Nov, 2014 10:42 am

People can become very precious about 'outsiders' parking in what they may think of as 'their' spaces.

I can understand some frustration if you drive to work in the morning and return to find there is nowhere to park because people have driven to use the station or other places and there is nowhere left to park.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 04 Nov, 2014 6:14 pm

Steve wrote:
Pharcyde wrote:Whilst not illegal parking, I was wondering if anyone had ever had any trouble parking on molewood close to HFN? A friend of mine had parked there on Wednesday morning and on returning to the car had found that one of the tyres had been deflated using a screwdriver being lovingly pushed through the tyre wall. This is not the first time as the car has been keyed as well. It's not as though they haven't paid road tax, there are no parking restrictions and the car was not parked over anyone's driveway.
Just being pedantic, but

a) There's no such thing as road tax
b) How would they know if Vehicle Excise Duty had been paid? (given that tax discs have been abolished)
c) Needless to say, the tax or parking status of a vehicle does not legitimise criminal damage
a) You knew what he meant because of point b
b) If paid before October,the car would still have a tax disc (note you use the word tax here :) )
c) completely agree. Totally.

Sometimes I find it mildly irritating if someone parks outside my house but I get over it. A neighbour moved in recently and their removal van blocked our property and they unloaded furniture onto our drive (which I though was a liberty) but they moved it as soon as we appeared so we could park on our drive (we had left early so were not there when they arrived)