Old Cross Closed

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Toady
Re: Old Cross Closed

Post by Toady » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 4:14 pm

They were going at it this morning so hopefully the hole will be filled and we'll be back in business for Monday morning.

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Sun 10 Aug, 2014 7:55 pm

buzz wrote:Well, I suspect that they will have to carry out a full risk assessment, consider the impact that this hole will have on any ethnic minority communities, find out if they will be infringing anyone's human rights, wade through a mountain of EU legislation, put the job out to tender to all member countries of the EU and finally round up a few Polish blokes to do the job. You just can't rush things like this!
You are so right Buzz, l hadn't thought of that!!

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 5:58 am

Every time I visit this topic I can't help but think of this TV advert from back in the day.... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3StO-7zZY" target="_blank

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:35 am

Toady wrote:They were going at it this morning so hopefully the hole will be filled and we'll be back in business for Monday morning.
Nope! :(

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:23 am

The junction will be closed until the end of the week. The void is bigger than it at first appears apparently.

jackanapes

Post by jackanapes » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:22 pm

Hartham Leisure Centre has just tweeted this
Hartham Leisure Ctr. ‏@eaHartham 44m

After speaking with the traffic management team. The works on the old cross Junction should be done by Wednesday of this week.

arty

Post by arty » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 2:39 pm

At the risk of stirring up the proverbial hornet's nest......

....wouldn't some temporary traffic lights be in Byde Street/Nelson Street/Wellington Street be a good thing at the moment?

...just a thought that occurred to me as I was taking part in the 'dodge-the-parked-car' challenge this morning (not something for the faint hearted :( )

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 2:55 pm

arty wrote:At the risk of stirring up the proverbial hornet's nest......

....wouldn't some temporary traffic lights be in Byde Street/Nelson Street/Wellington Street be a good thing at the moment?

...just a thought that occurred to me as I was taking part in the 'dodge-the-parked-car' challenge this morning (not something for the faint hearted :( )
If you're using that route to get from North Road to Bengeo Street (or vice-versa) with no break in your journey then you're committing an offence - hence no traffic lights ;) .

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 7:29 pm

Joe wrote:Every time I visit this topic I can't help but think of this TV advert from back in the day.... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3StO-7zZY" target="_blank

Oh if only.....................!

gemipicorn

Post by gemipicorn » Mon 11 Aug, 2014 7:54 pm

arty wrote:At the risk of stirring up the proverbial hornet's nest......

I said exactly the same thing this weekend to Mr Gemipicorn