Quarter Day Closures

News and views on shopping in the county town.
robbiebgg
Re: Quarter Day Closures

Post by robbiebgg » Sun 11 May, 2014 10:08 pm

Shame about the Framers going as we have used them for many years with good service. But nothing on the door/window to indicate they have set up elsewhere. Luckily we have found a similar business in New Road in Stanborough.

emmas42

Post by emmas42 » Sat 17 May, 2014 6:34 pm

We have started using the framers in Ware. They are good, but it was a lot more convenient to just walk round the corner. :(

We were told they were moving, but not where! Seems like a missed opportunity to me...

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:14 pm

It was a great shame they had not managed to organise a new place in time. I am also told Landseer in ware are good so will give them a try when I next need something framed..

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sat 17 May, 2014 9:20 pm

The picture framers will be re-opening in High Cross at the end of July.

mdja

Post by mdja » Thu 29 May, 2014 6:36 pm

emmas42 wrote:We have started using the framers in Ware. They are good, but it was a lot more convenient to just walk round the corner. :(
You can also take your pictures to Clock Cards in the centre of town (next to Langley's Taste) to get them framed. The framing is actually done by Landseer in Ware, but it does mean you can still walk round the corner.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sun 01 Mar, 2015 10:01 pm

Fringe Benefits
The Farm Store
Pura Vida (relocation to non retail premises)
Michael's Jewellery Repairs (retirement I believe)

SloopJohnB

Post by SloopJohnB » Mon 02 Mar, 2015 10:52 am

I know of at least two other long standing traders in town who are currently balancing age, rent and rate rises and declining trade and could close when the balance shifts the wrong way. A few more are also watching to see which way the wind blows.

To add to the list there is Ortons Hi-Fi centre in Old Cross closed; but I see that there is an offer on Loulebelle.

Do not forget that Colin Sykes retires at the end of May. He has been trading in town for over thirty years. I don't think anyone is taking over the business as at current time and I believe the property has been sold. The landlord apparently owns Holland & Barrett next door as well and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they could sell that piece of land to Diageo who could incorporate that into Wrenbridge's regeneration plans. But that is just the ravings of a very cynical man.

Never fear though there are plenty of restaurateurs and beauty therapists waiting in the wings to occupy these shops.

Ewoowar

Post by Ewoowar » Mon 02 Mar, 2015 2:42 pm

What was LouleBelle will open in due course.

jackanapes

Post by jackanapes » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 12:36 pm

Fringe Benefits are closing due to the landlords asking for a £7000 pa rent rise apparently.