Botsfords

News and views on shopping in the county town.
mdja
Botsfords

Post by mdja » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 3:54 pm

Probably not relevant but I have to get this off my chest. I love Botsfords. They always have exactly what I need, along with advice and helpful service, and once in a while a freebie. Far prefer to go there than to one of the chain superstore. Popped in just now and came out with some feet and a bag of clout nails (sold by weight).

I just wish, though, that they would stay open at sensible hours. Or even the hours they advertise on the door. At least 50% of my visits are wasted, and every time I pass I see other plaintive souls peering through the window at the things they would have bought. They would do so much more business if they didn't close so often!

That's it, I'm done now.

emmas42

Re: Botsfords

Post by emmas42 » Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:18 pm

I have a question about Botsfords...
Do they do knife sharpening? I'm newish to the area and don't fancy having to learn to sharpen my own knives... :D

mdja

Post by mdja » Tue 01 Apr, 2014 5:00 pm

emmas42 wrote:I have a question about Botsfords...
Do they do knife sharpening? I'm newish to the area and don't fancy having to learn to sharpen my own knives... :D

I don't know about Botsfords but I can sharpen knives (not the serrated ones!)

mdja

Post by mdja » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 3:09 pm

Having swung by Botsfords today I can confirm that they advertise sharpening for both knives and saws.

Capitalist Piglet

Post by Capitalist Piglet » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 5:55 pm

Also found out last weekend that they've got some the more obscure light bulbs (that EHE used to keep) in fact I think they bought up their stock. Which is handy.