Residents' parking near Hertford East

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
newcomer
Residents' parking near Hertford East

Post by newcomer » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 1:53 pm

Following on from a long thread in the old forum on the introduction of contolled parking zones (residents' parking) in the Villiers St./Railway St. area, I was wondering how this had bedded in. Is it easy for residents to get a space or do the number of permits massively outstrip the number of spaces?

Louis M

Re: Residents' parking near Hertford East

Post by Louis M » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 2:49 pm

Ware Road end is much harder than if you are near Railway Street. It all depends on what time you get back from work. It doesn't help when people feel the need to buy a massive 4X4, whilst living in the town center but hey ho, they appeal to certain people.
Always loads of spaces on Railway Street.

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 3:59 pm

During the day (when most people are at work) it is no problem to park (with a permit, of course) as there is plenty of room, but after 6pm anyone can park there, as well as permit-paying residents so it's all down to luck if you can get a space. Paying for permits in no way guarantees you a space.
So, in my view it has it's benefits and it's drawbacks, but l can't think of what would work any better!!! :?

rogerstone

Post by rogerstone » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 7:26 pm

Changing the closure of restrictions to say 21:00 ?

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:01 pm

rogerstone wrote:Changing the closure of restrictions to say 21:00 ?

Worth a thought! ;)

anno

Post by anno » Mon 12 May, 2014 1:28 pm

Sudi wrote:
rogerstone wrote:Changing the closure of restrictions to say 21:00 ?

Worth a thought! ;)
Restrictions only function when they are monitored. Unless the traffic wardens are in place at 8.30pm at night it makes no difference.

Having lived in H1 where the restriction was 8-9pm I never once saw the warden after 6pm. The warden used to patrol shortly after 8am and then again mid afternoon.

I now live in H3 and every Saturday there are a lot of cars without permits that escape the Warden, as they park for 3 or 4 hours between his visits.