There are a number of reasons why posts might be removed from the forum. If you find that something you've posted has disapppeared, please do not be offended, this is often part of the editing process that takes place. Some of the reasons for posts being removed are listed below.
1. Your post was off-topic. Discussion of issues not specifically related to Hertford are usually removed.
2. Your post was discourteous or disrespectful to another member.
3. Your post contributed nothing to the discussion. This commonly includes "me too" posts, asides and other irrelevant comments.
4. You posted a new topic that contained insufficient information on which to base a discussion.
5. Your post was judged to be more about drawing attention to yourself rather than making a valid contribution.
6. You were spamming, trolling or flaming.
7. You cross-posted (posted the same item to multiple topics)
8. Insubordination - you continually challenge the authority of the site administrator (think about what happens if you continually argue with a pub landlord or football referee!)
9. You have provided information or made a point already mentioned in a discussion.
10. You tried to solicit personal information from another member.
Additionally, please remember this is not a chat room or a social club. It is a forum for discussion of local issues. It is an information resource that is used not only by registered members, but by anyone with access to the World Wide Web. Moderation maintains the structure and relevance of the forum.
If you are unfamiliar with our Acceptable Use Policy (or AUP, elsewhere referred to as Terms & Conditions), you can find them here. In particular, the following should be noted:
"The Discover Hertford Online Forum is provided as a means for local residents to discuss local issues and events. Whilst a certain amount of digression will be allowed, any thread that becomes dominated by discussion of non-related subjects or personalities will be locked."
"Postings that are judged by the administrator to form part of a personal conversation and only of interest to the parties concerned will be removed at the administrator's discretion."
"We [the forum administrators] are authorized by you [the forum member] to remove or modify any data submitted by you to these forums for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not."