FYI: Virgin Media Customers - Speed Upgrade (Free)

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
leo densian
Re: FYI: Virgin Media Customers - Speed Upgrade (Free)

Post by leo densian » Fri 06 Nov, 2015 10:51 pm

Hertford Born & Bred wrote:
200mbs and a free upgrade on the super hub.

If you ask nicely :D
What speed were you on before? I was on the standard 50mbs service but have been getting around 75mbs for about the last month.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 07 Nov, 2015 4:14 pm

Was on the 100 before but getting about 50 - this is advertised at 200mbs and getting about 105mbs plus able to connect more devices.

Hertford Born & Bred

Post by Hertford Born & Bred » Sat 07 Nov, 2015 6:48 pm

leo densian wrote:
Hertford Born & Bred wrote:
200mbs and a free upgrade on the super hub.

If you ask nicely :D
What speed were you on before? I was on the standard 50mbs service but have been getting around 75mbs for about the last month.
Was on (up to)152mbs, phoned up last week to change my package, got put through to retention's who sorted me out, upgraded my package and knocked £9.00 of my monthly bill. HB&B

Mardvagen

Post by Mardvagen » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 4:09 pm

Just out of interest - what are your experiences with Virgin? Currently with BT (Infinity 2 + TV) up the Ware Road but Virgin seem to come in at £15 cheaper a month. I was wondering, any good/bad experiences - e.g. slow speeds, customer service, etc?

leo densian

Post by leo densian » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 4:18 pm

Been with Virgin since last summer. We lost the broadband for about 6 hours on one day - when I called the helpline a recorded message said there was an issue in SG13 area and it would be back on by 6pm, which it was.

No issues over connection speed to date so all in all, pretty satisfied. If there is any gripe at all its that they charge extra for caller ID.

Hertford Born & Bred

Post by Hertford Born & Bred » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 11:03 pm

Mardvagen wrote:Just out of interest - what are your experiences with Virgin? Currently with BT (Infinity 2 + TV) up the Ware Road but Virgin seem to come in at £15 cheaper a month. I was wondering, any good/bad experiences - e.g. slow speeds, customer service, etc?
Been with them for a long time, When ever there has been a problem they have always attended next day provided you phone before 3pm.

Golden

Post by Golden » Wed 09 Mar, 2016 10:08 am

I endorse them too - been with them for about four years as BT service was shocking and had to reset the router at least once daily - not had any problems with Virgin. The new 5G service took a few weeks to settle down but this seems OK now.