Simon Balle

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Kateg28
Re: Simon Balle

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 10 Feb, 2015 9:48 am

newgirl wrote:I think it was because they started the syllabus in year 9 and then they announced changes to the format and syllabus which meant they either had to sit it a year early or start all over again with the new format in year 10. The whole year did it early but I'm not sure if this had an impact on the figures?
Richard Hale started their GSCE syllabus in year 9 also and there were a few who went and did the exam early but most of the cohort did it at the standard time.

newgirl

Post by newgirl » Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:24 am

Different maths board maybe? Simon Balle definitely sat their exams in year 10 and this may account for their position in the 2014 table. Its just a potential explanation, thats all :|

codek2

Post by codek2 » Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:50 am

Good point gemipicorn - agreed that visiting is important. Also think talking to parents of kids already there is pretty key too!
(hence this post in a way!)

also when you're not involved directly in the school finding out changes (teachers/heads) and so on is pretty tricky!

gemipicorn

Post by gemipicorn » Tue 10 Feb, 2015 7:21 pm

codek2 wrote:Good point gemipicorn - agreed that visiting is important. Also think talking to parents of kids already there is pretty key too!
(hence this post in a way!)

also when you're not involved directly in the school finding out changes (teachers/heads) and so on is pretty tricky!
If that means you are looking for feedback all I can tell you is that for us Sele was our first choice and it turned out to be the best one we could have made. I have one child just left and now in uni and another half way through, I cannot praise the place highly enough. It's probably another reason why I am anti tables, there is far too many assumptions and still far too much prejudice about a school which I have found could not work harder to treat every child as an individual and get the best out of them (sorry if that sounds like rhetoric).