Feeding Frenzy

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Darcy Sarto
Feeding Frenzy

Post by Darcy Sarto » Fri 06 Jun, 2014 6:00 pm

Upon arrival at Waterford Heath (car park between the north and south heath) to walk pooch today I was greeted by the post apocalyptic sight of "lunch" remains strewn over a considerable area. The perpetrators had fled the scene some time earlier. A forensic examination revealed:

1) Tesco sandwich box/wrappers x2
2) Tesco hot deli bags x2
3) Variously branded polypropylene (or similar) drinks containers x5
4) Empty packet for 10 Lambert & Butler (Mild)
5) A small, empty, plastic ziplock bag which may have contained something herbal (?)
6) A set of instructions on the use of and side effects of Germolene :?:
7) Tesco carrier bag x1

I surmised that the contents of (5) may have lead to the frenzied consumption of the contents of items (1,2 & 3).

It took me 3 minutes of my life (which I will not get back) to clear this up and place in the bin provided (the "post apocalyptic" description above is subject to some poetic licence for argumentative effect). If the indolent swine had used item (7), as I did, to collect their detritus they could have achieved the same effect and denied me the opportunity to pillory them in this public forum (although they currently remain anonymous).

It is beyond hope that these fundamentalist yobs can even read let alone read this forum but if any of their handlers are known to fellow contributors please feel free to empty the contents of your recycling bin (the brown one I think) over the back seat of their car (I do not think they were promenading).

:evil: :evil:

Any speculation as to what item (6) might have been for and/or the make and model of the car would be appreciated. I'll start things off stereotypically - I'll bet it was a "suped up" Citroen hatchback of some type with added decals and a chrome bit for the tailpipe. It is entirely possible that one of the perpetrators was wearing a baseball cap the wrong way round....

exiled_in_london

Re: Feeding Frenzy

Post by exiled_in_london » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 11:22 am

Well done for doing the right thing.

On the same note, A few years ago my dad saw some yobs parked up in a van, open the back doors, then chuck a load of mcdonalds wrappers and drinks cartons out of the back onto the pavement in hertford.

He went over there, collected it all up, opened the back door and flug it all back in on top of the errant passengers which covered them in grease, melting ice and tomato ketchup.

It made him feel a lot better at the time but the irony is they drove off shortly afterwards (after threatening to kick his head in of course) and chucked it all on the ground further up so it didn't solve the problem.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 12:54 pm

Whilst there is never any justification for anti personnel mines........

mimram

Post by mimram » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 5:40 pm

About a year ago I found some litter with the person's address on - so I posted it back to them! It had clearly been chucked out of a car window. Why do some people think this is OK?

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 8:11 am

mimram wrote:About a year ago I found some litter with the person's address on - so I posted it back to them! It had clearly been chucked out of a car window. Why do some people think this is OK?
Excellent!!! Will try that myself if I find litter with an address on it.

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 9:02 am

The castle grounds are often like this on a Monday. :(

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:06 pm

mimram wrote:About a year ago I found some litter with the person's address on - so I posted it back to them! It had clearly been chucked out of a car window. Why do some people think this is OK?
I suppose it is a more targeted and less dramatic solution than anti personnel mines or Napalm which might have other unwanted social consequences ;)