Hertford's lovely walks and...

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Darcy Sarto
Re: Hertford's lovely walks and...

Post by Darcy Sarto » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 5:43 pm

KatyBusby wrote:I once used two Tesco receipts to pick one up and would sooner use my bare hands than leave a mess for other walkers or their children. This is a real bugbear of mine!! :cry:
Eeeugh! - brave soul indeed - would you like to help me walk my Labrador - he can be quite a handful :shock: :lol:

Surfer Rosa

Post by Surfer Rosa » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 9:49 pm

Hazelw wrote:I must admit, if I'm coming back the same way on a dog walk, I'll often leave the poop (scooped and bagged) by the side of the path and pick it up on the way back. Especially if there aren't any dog bins on the way and I know I'm going to be taking it home with me. I don't see the point of carting along a bag of poo if I don't need to.

I admire you for admitting to such breathtakingly selfish and antisocial behaviour and I'd like to tell you what I think 'the point of carting along a bag of poo' is. You can't know how many people will pass in the intervening time after you've bagged and abandoned the poo and it's really unpleasant for them to see the visual environment spoiled with a bag of sh1t which for all they know could be there for ever. It's not just the degradation of the aesthetics, it's the feeling of not being in control, that someone else who couldn't be arsed to retain responsibility for carrying their pet's poo for a few minutes somehow has a right to inflict on other passers-by the disgusting sight of dog faeces left in a plastic bag. And also you are running the risk that you won't get waylaid, distracted or otherwise caused to forget about the horrible mess you have left.

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 10:01 pm

Oops I hope Darcy didn't actually leave a mess!!

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 12:40 am

Mrs T wrote:Oops I hope Darcy didn't actually leave a mess!!
No - I keep well stocked with big bags.

By the way if the perpetrator of the now repeated bag of poo left by the sculpture on Waterford Heath is a reader Please STOP! :evil:

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 9:10 am

Many thanks to whoever left their bag of dog poo on our front wall, just what I like to find first thing in the morning. If I wanted to clear up dog poo I would get a dog!

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 10:15 am

Surfer Rosa wrote:
Hazelw wrote:I must admit, if I'm coming back the same way on a dog walk, I'll often leave the poop (scooped and bagged) by the side of the path and pick it up on the way back. Especially if there aren't any dog bins on the way and I know I'm going to be taking it home with me. I don't see the point of carting along a bag of poo if I don't need to.

I admire you for admitting to such breathtakingly selfish and antisocial behaviour and I'd like to tell you what I think 'the point of carting along a bag of poo' is. You can't know how many people will pass in the intervening time after you've bagged and abandoned the poo and it's really unpleasant for them to see the visual environment spoiled with a bag of sh1t which for all they know could be there for ever. It's not just the degradation of the aesthetics, it's the feeling of not being in control, that someone else who couldn't be arsed to retain responsibility for carrying their pet's poo for a few minutes somehow has a right to inflict on other passers-by the disgusting sight of dog faeces left in a plastic bag. And also you are running the risk that you won't get waylaid, distracted or otherwise caused to forget about the horrible mess you have left.
Well said Surfer Rosa.

Ted Badger

Post by Ted Badger » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 11:57 am

Robbo wrote:
Surfer Rosa wrote:

Well said Surfer Rosa.
Well, the lesson then is - DON'T bag up the poo.
As long as it's not in the way, just leave it for the slugs.

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 3:17 pm

Or toddlers to step in.
Nice.

Ted Badger

Post by Ted Badger » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 5:19 pm

Robbo wrote:
Or toddlers to step in.
Nice.
Ted Badger wrote:
As long as it's not in the way...
It's a bit tough chastising well-intentioned people for bagging up poo for collection later, as I'm sure they're a different breed to the ones that decorate trees with the stuff. I felt I had to draw a distinction.

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Tue 06 May, 2014 12:02 pm

Ted Badger wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Or toddlers to step in.
Nice.
Ted Badger wrote:
As long as it's not in the way...
It's a bit tough chastising well-intentioned people for bagging up poo for collection later, as I'm sure they're a different breed to the ones that decorate trees with the stuff. I felt I had to draw a distinction.
Bagged up poo, deposited in the middle of footpath between B1000 and Thieves Lane car park. If this was left by one of those 'well-intentioned people' for collection later, they should be ashamed of themselves. There can be absolutely no excuse for it. They are sloppy, disgusting people who are bone idle and have no respect for the countryside and other human beings. :evil:
2014-05-04 13.41.09 copy copy.jpg
2014-05-04 13.41.09 copy copy.jpg (173.56KiB)Viewed 12514 times
Last edited by Robbo on Tue 06 May, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.