Rush Green McDonalds chaos

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
steven
Rush Green McDonalds chaos

Post by steven » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm getting so sick of this. The McDonalds causes chaos, I just popped up to the BP garage to get some petrol for a courtesy car, but I had a ten minute wait just to get to a pump because of all the abandoned cars, where people seemed to leave them wherever they liked, to go to McDonalds.

Then there are the cars I saw coming out of the drive through, just to park in front of the vacuum/air/water points to eat their 'meal'.

I mentioned this to the BP staff and apparently the council aren't interested.

There have been so many accidents up there because the McDonalds traffic backs up onto the roundabout. McDonalds don't enforce any of it (it is their problem in my opinion, so they should be), and of course people being people, they ignore the 'BP Customer Parking Only' signs.

I'm going to write to the council, but I doubt it'll do any good.

Does this wind anyone else up?

leo densian

Re: Rush Green McDonalds chaos

Post by leo densian » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:29 pm

I thought the police were supposed to be patrolling to stop the queues forming but that seems to have been a short lived initiative.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 4:35 am

steven wrote:Then there are the cars I saw coming out of the drive through, just to park in front of the vacuum/air/water points to eat their 'meal'.

I mentioned this to the BP staff and apparently the council aren't interested.
To be fair, the forecourt is private property. The council have no jurisdiction. If people are abusing the forecourt then it is up to the operators of the petrol station to act. This might be in the form of signage (and enforcement) indicating that the area is for petrol station customers only.

newgirl

Post by newgirl » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:50 pm

The carve-up caused on the roundabout at weekends is unbelievable because of the McDonalds traffic. If you are wanting to go North on the A10 from Hertford town centre you have to approach it in the right hand lane then quickly try and pull over once you have passed the queuing traffic. Otherwise you can guarantee that you will be stuck in the jam waiting for five cars to have their orders taken at the drive-thru before you can get to the A10 turnoff. Or - push in and out of the lanes like everybody else at the weekend. Its a real hazard.

Its been a long time since I used that service station/Marks and Spencers or the McDonalds for years now because of the chaos. They must be losing customers.

What's the solution though?