Hertford Corn Exchange music in 2015

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Alec
Hertford Corn Exchange music in 2015

Post by Alec » Fri 09 Jan, 2015 2:20 pm

Back for the new year:

Fri 5 Feb - Skinny Molly - Including Michael Estes, who played with Lynyrd Skynyrd. Expect some LS covers, along with their own original material.

Fri 6 Feb - Livewire AC/DC - Can't get tickets to Wembley in July? This band is the next best thing. They'll be bringing in their full show, complete with live firing cannon, again.

Thu 12 Feb - Limehouse Lizzy - about as close as you'll get to Thin Lizzy, an exquisite tribute.

Fri 13 Feb - Dressed to Kill - Kiss tribute – Didn't think I knew that much Kiss, but was surprised to find out how much they'd done. These boys bring the full make-up, costumes, pyro and blood from the classic Kiss era.

Fri 27 Mar - Are you experienced? - The Jimi Hendrix experience. Full on, classy, and a guitar may well go up in flames. Support will be a Pink Floyd set from local band The Doctors.

And, coming up later in the Spring, you can see Larry Miller, The Lambrettas, The Blow Monkeys, Viva Santana, Big Country, and Toyah Wilcox.

theadmans

Re: Hertford Corn Exchange music in 2015

Post by theadmans » Tue 20 Jan, 2015 5:51 pm

Good stuff - interested to see The Blow Monkeys listed as I was listening to one of their albums only last night.

On a bit of an 80s revival right now. One band I have been listening to a lot is Hue & Cry (Scottish brothers with hits like "Looking for Linda" and "Labour of Love" etc). They are touring in 2015 - would be great to see them at the Corn Exchange. They have a gig in London in April but it's always nice to see original bands locally.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Tue 20 Jan, 2015 6:47 pm

theadmans wrote:... it's always nice to see original bands locally.
Will you be going to the Stortford Music Festival to catch The Undertones?

(sorry, not entirely Hertford related, I know, although a few Herford people are involved in staging the event)

theadmans

Post by theadmans » Tue 20 Jan, 2015 7:40 pm

Yes Steve may well go to see the Undertones - remember listening to Peel under the bed clothes with my tranny back in the day. Teenage Kicks indeed ! :D

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Thu 22 Jan, 2015 10:52 am

wow.... under the covers with your Tranny....? Hertford is more diverse than i realised :lol:

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sun 25 Jan, 2015 2:09 pm

The brilliant BENJAMIN BLOOM is appearing at the Corn Exchange on Sunday 15th February as part of the free Sunday Live Sessions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BosUhVSpdak

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue 27 Jan, 2015 2:07 pm

Steve wrote:The brilliant BENJAMIN BLOOM is appearing at the Corn Exchange on Sunday 15th February as part of the free Sunday Live Sessions
Definitely worth seeing - one of the best local acts I've seen!

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Tue 27 Jan, 2015 5:08 pm

Alec wrote:
Steve wrote:The brilliant BENJAMIN BLOOM is appearing at the Corn Exchange on Sunday 15th February as part of the free Sunday Live Sessions
Definitely worth seeing - one of the best local acts I've seen!
Local, as in Ipswich :)