Vision and Urban Design Strategy

News and views on shopping in the county town.
Steve
Project Leader
Vision and Urban Design Strategy

Post by Steve » Sat 14 Mar, 2015 3:07 am

The three councils (Town, District and County) are working on a Vision and Urban Design Strategy for the town centre

www.hertford.net/issues/town-centre.php

Next weekend there will be an exhibition in the Millbridge Room in The Wash and I would encourage everyone to visit.

SloopJohnB

Re: Vision and Urban Design Strategy

Post by SloopJohnB » Sat 14 Mar, 2015 12:39 pm

I would echo Steve's remarks.

I attended the Stakeholders Workshop yesterday and although most of the issues have been discussed by us all over the years a lot of interesting information came out; even to me. And I thought I knew it all :o . The consultants took the view that they started with a complete blank knowledge base and valued each and every bit of input.

We all left with a large questionnaire which I guess will also be available next weekend. It covers just about everything there is to cover in this town plus a few more bits. If you have something to say then this is going to be just about your best chance

codek2

Post by codek2 » Sat 14 Mar, 2015 2:32 pm

Biggest missed opportunity in hertford is the river - anything to improve access and usage of that has to be a great idea.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:06 am

codek2 wrote:Biggest missed opportunity in hertford is the river - anything to improve access and usage of that has to be a great idea.
Which one? We have four :D

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Wed 18 Mar, 2015 9:31 pm

codek2 wrote:Biggest missed opportunity in hertford is the river - anything to improve access and usage of that has to be a great idea.
Reducing the rivers ability to access people's properties should be the priority. There are loads of places that you can get in the river to swim, canoe, fish etc.

TupennyRush

Post by TupennyRush » Sat 21 Mar, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi

I went to the consultation yesterday but was rushed out at 445 so I copied the on line link for the survey down. Unfortunately incorrectly as surveymonkey/s/hertfordtc is not yeilding any results. The council website doesn't have the link on it can anyone let me have the right link please?

Thanka

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sat 21 Mar, 2015 2:36 pm

The online survey can be found at:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HertfordTC

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Sat 21 Mar, 2015 4:46 pm

Done it.

Some of the multiple option questions allow only one selection when it says you can choose multiples!

Which particular "Waitress" might be leaving?

TupennyRush

Post by TupennyRush » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:09 am

Thank you for the working link. Yes some of the functionality doesn't work properly plus it seems aimed at directing you along certain paths but I suppose we should be glad they're undertaking some consultation!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue 24 Mar, 2015 4:09 pm

We have now updated our feature about this, adding information about the project and some useful links.

http://www.hertford.net/issues/town-centre.php