OFFICE SPACE

News and views on shopping in the county town.
McHardy24
OFFICE SPACE

Post by McHardy24 » Mon 09 Feb, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knew of, or had office space to rent in Hertford? I am looking for around 700 - 1000 sq ft?

I have looked at all the usual suspects and commercial lettings agents in town and I thought on the off chance I would enquire on here?

If you know of anything can you reply or PM me.

Cheers

Marilyn

Re: OFFICE SPACE

Post by Marilyn » Mon 09 Feb, 2015 4:47 pm

Have you tried Withers Thomas in Ware they do a lot of commercial lettings in Hertford

McHardy24

Post by McHardy24 » Mon 09 Feb, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Marilyn, Yep, I've tried them all! It's kind of annoying as all there is to rent in Hertford at the moment seems to be enormous offices and industrial units!

SloopJohnB

Post by SloopJohnB » Mon 09 Feb, 2015 5:16 pm

A few years back Thomsons HO asked me about any parking concessions for the space above the Bull Plain branch as they were finding it difficult to let it. Ho ho. However might be worth asking if that space is still available. Also company have recently moved out of Tooke House next to Museum - worth an ask. Believe that there is some space in the offices next to the plumbing shop where Meldrums used to be.

Unfortunately much of office space in town has now been converted to residential - see Fore Street - apart from the huge premises as you have found such as Stag House, Rotunda. I believe one of the smaller tenants has moved out of Centurion House but with the uncertainty of what will happen re the Wrenbridge Regeneration (!) plans I have no idea what future may lie there Happy to ask the site manager if you are interested but it may only be for a short lease.

As a really left field suggestion you could ask the Town Council about the Seed Warehouse. It is a veritable tardis. My office was there and very pleasant it was. There are some tenants in situ I believe and there were some smaller office space but I have been out of that for some time and couldn't be sure how much of the building is now occupied and which bits.

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 09 Feb, 2015 6:03 pm

There used to be some rent-able office space in the old police station in Castle St. - might be worth a look.

Caramel

Post by Caramel » Mon 09 Feb, 2015 9:32 pm

I am not sure how big the space is, but noticed a sign in Maxi Pocaro, for office space, to rent.