Rushgreen Roundabout Dangerous Congestion

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
nbow61
Rushgreen Roundabout Dangerous Congestion

Post by nbow61 » Sun 01 Jan, 2017 12:54 pm

If you are concerned by the traffic at the entrance to the BP garage/McDonalds site please can I ask for your support and could you please contact either our local councillor andrew.stevenson@hertfordshire.gov.uk. or Mark Prisk office@hertford-stortfordconservatives.net. to express your concerns.

The roundabout in that area has been designated an urban clearway (round blue signs with red border and red X in the middle) which means that it is illegal to queue. Unfortunately these signs are not well understood and are being ignored. The Police are not currently enforcing them as they have doubts regarding their legal status

There needs to be a better solution before there are serious accidents. Please urge your local councillor or MP to get moving on this.

Thank you

Nigel

Steve
Project Leader

Re: Rushgreen Roundabout Dangerous Congestion

Post by Steve » Sun 01 Jan, 2017 2:37 pm

nbow61

Post by nbow61 » Mon 02 Jan, 2017 6:06 pm

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/a ... story.html

Here is another article. It quite shameful that is over 3 years and there is no improvement!

Capitalist Piglet

Post by Capitalist Piglet » Tue 03 Jan, 2017 1:20 am

Fully agree. Lots of words little (actually nil) action. For years.

Miggi03

Post by Miggi03 » Tue 03 Jan, 2017 3:07 pm

Supported.

I was rear ended here on my Motorcycle a year ago when trying to get fuel. Place is total carnage and I can't quite work out who should be sorting/enforcing this. After living here for years I can't see a solution to it personally.

Drama Queen

Post by Drama Queen » Tue 03 Jan, 2017 4:01 pm

Blame for congestion also lies with MacDonalds who's customers thought it was perfectly acceptable during the Christmas break to park at the BP petrol station pumps.. yes the pumps, not the separate parking area in front of the shop, and stay there until their order was despatched then drove off ... three separate vehicles did this whilst all I wanted to do was get petrol along with a few others who ended up queuing into the dangerous road on days when the fog was very bad ! I complained to the staff in the BP/M & S to moan that their petrol pumps had become unofficial Macdonald Carparks and they just looked at me as if I was mad. To me the whole roundabout will be a scene of utter carnage soon.. I hope I am not there when it happens.. Why does it take people getting a petition and angry to get things done when clearly the Emergency Services and all users/drivers must see what is happening.. ??? !!!! :x

mistlethrush

Post by mistlethrush » Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:18 am

There has at least been some progress in this area by the recent placement of some bollards at key points. Last year I noted a lot of HGVs parking up illegally just past the petrol station on the roundabout, presumably to use McD or the M&S, which they no longer can do thanks to these bollards.

However the problem remains and I have seen a lot of near misses while people queue, particularly for me on Saturdays.

Quite frankly if it were up to me I'd have the McD shut down (moved).

Miggi03

Post by Miggi03 » Wed 04 Jan, 2017 12:54 pm

I think the McDonald's needs re-locating or some additional parking at the rear constructed at McDonald expense as there is no doubt it is the reason for the build up of traffic. Whilst I never use it because that food is utter garbage I wouldn't want anyone's job to suffer. But it being there is the primary reason for the traffic.

leo densian

Post by leo densian » Wed 04 Jan, 2017 9:03 pm

Not totally McDonalds fault - coning off the BP when the tanker turns up can cause chaos, and in my experience it's often around 6pm or so which compounds the issue. Rarely seen this happen in other filling stations.
Last edited by leo densian on Thu 05 Jan, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hertford Born & Bred

Post by Hertford Born & Bred » Wed 04 Jan, 2017 10:13 pm

mistlethrush wrote:There has at least been some progress in this area by the recent placement of some bollards at key points. Last year I noted a lot of HGVs parking up illegally just past the petrol station on the roundabout, presumably to use McD or the M&S, which they no longer can do thanks to these bollards.
The HGVs now park further down after the last bollard.