Hertford Bypass

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
monkeyman1974
Re: Hertford Bypass

Post by monkeyman1974 » Mon 16 Oct, 2017 9:38 pm

A bypass would be a joyous thing - Chelmsford to Hemel..

Muzz

Post by Muzz » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 11:07 am

Whenever I read about the Bypass subject, posts & topics always seem to centre around relieving traffic on Gascoyne Way & the M25.
I live in Bullocks Lane - this is the B158 - a "B" road, a little road leading to Essendon & beyond.
Motorists already use THIS road as a "bypass" to cut off the A414 !
It's getting really awful for everyone living in Hornsmill Road, Horns Road, West Street, Bullocks Lane & Pegs Lane. The traffic is non-stop & we get massive articulated lorries thundering up & down this road every day. It's just a little "B" road. It will only get worse.
Recently friends, who were visiting me, actually had their SatNav direct them through Cole Green & Hertingfordbury to avoid the A414 traffic and, I guess, that's what happens to other cars & lorries too.
No other large towns (like Welwyn, Hatfield, Ware, Harlow, Hoddesdon, Braintree etc.) have massive roads going THROUGH their towns.
I hope plans are drawn up soon so that we can divert the through-traffic & preserve our lovely Hertford.
(Who on Earth agreed to knock down beautiful houses & widen Gascoyne Road in the 1970s? Idiots !)

monkeyman1974

Post by monkeyman1974 » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:36 pm

Muzz wrote:Whenever I read about the Bypass subject, posts & topics always seem to centre around relieving traffic on Gascoyne Way & the M25.
I live in Bullocks Lane - this is the B158 - a "B" road, a little road leading to Essendon & beyond.
Motorists already use THIS road as a "bypass" to cut off the A414 !
It's getting really awful for everyone living in Hornsmill Road, Horns Road, West Street, Bullocks Lane & Pegs Lane. The traffic is non-stop & we get massive articulated lorries thundering up & down this road every day. It's just a little "B" road. It will only get worse.
Recently friends, who were visiting me, actually had their SatNav direct them through Cole Green & Hertingfordbury to avoid the A414 traffic and, I guess, that's what happens to other cars & lorries too.
No other large towns (like Welwyn, Hatfield, Ware, Harlow, Hoddesdon, Braintree etc.) have massive roads going THROUGH their towns.
I hope plans are drawn up soon so that we can divert the through-traffic & preserve our lovely Hertford.
(Who on Earth agreed to knock down beautiful houses & widen Gascoyne Road in the 1970s? Idiots !)
Agreed... rat run thru SG13 back roads to avoid A414, which is over capacity, should be avoided. When the refuge collection is also on Bullocks lane, at peak hour, it really is miserable. Worth writing to your MP and Cllr, about this.

TcfL

Post by TcfL » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 9:32 am

Your local County Councillor who would be the contact for traffic and congestion complaints is http://cmis.hertfordshire.gov.uk/hertfo ... fault.aspx