Re: The End of Pay & Display

Post by Joe » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 3:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve wrote:Looks like a solution to please everyone has been found :D
2016-10-23 15.24.27.jpg

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 4:14 pm

Marilyn wrote:Just hope there is a facility for those of us who prefer to pay with real money, I for one won't be entering card details and don't have a fancy phone! Looking at that photo it does seem to but pay in advance as it always has been you have to know how long you will be, so that's no improvement!
Indeed "Check in & check out - coins not accepted".

With the current system, I rather like using RingGo. No need to find the right change, and you can head straight out of the car park paying as you go.

I suspect this new system will have a lot of people not checking out in the early days, and so paying a full day's charge.

And, unfortunately, most of these machines end up being pretty fiddly to use. Woe betide the aged or disabled...

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 25 Oct, 2016 8:16 am

I parked yesterday and there was some wardens there to help anyone (they were very jovial and approachable with a sense of humour). I actually didn't use the machine as my friend paid for my parking but she didn't say anything about it so it must have been easy and she did use cash.

Falstaff

Post by Falstaff » Mon 12 Dec, 2016 6:32 pm

It's worth noting that Bircherley Green Car Park is not EHDC and still pay on entry. The new cameras on exit can knobble you if you go over your time limit on driving out. Blue Badge drivers beware as well - you have to register by email at bluebadge@highviewparking.co.uk with badge no, expiry date and car reg number(s) beforehand or you get a ticket.

Smudger

Post by Smudger » Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:13 pm

The Blue Badge thing sounds outrageous.
I thought the badge was for the person not the vehicle, so why register a car ?
What if a carer takes the disabled person, does that mean they can't use the badge ?

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 4:44 am

Smudger wrote:The Blue Badge thing sounds outrageous.
I thought the badge was for the person not the vehicle, so why register a car ?
What if a carer takes the disabled person, does that mean they can't use the badge ?
That's way Falstaff said "car reg number(s)". They assume you know all the reg. numbers of all the cars you will be travelling in :?

Smudger

Post by Smudger » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 1:07 am

Did he ?

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 4:00 am

Smudger wrote:Did he ?
Postby Falstaff » Mon 12 Dec, 2016 6:32 pm

It's worth noting that Bircherley Green Car Park is not EHDC and still pay on entry. The new cameras on exit can knobble you if you go over your time limit on driving out. Blue Badge drivers beware as well - you have to register by email at bluebadge@highviewparking.co.uk with badge no, expiry date and car reg number(s) beforehand or you get a ticket.
Yup