Parking on the pavements

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
bubbaoshea
Re: Parking on the pavements

Post by bubbaoshea » Mon 21 Mar, 2016 6:12 pm

Great. With any luck that one of the roads will be Duncombe Rd so i can actually walk along the path with the pram and 5 yrs old and not have to spend most of the time in the road.

Caramel

Post by Caramel » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 9:22 am

Has anyone noticed the expansion of the Hertford North Car Park into North Road? There are now many who park all day, who feel it is fine to block the pavements! It is becoming increasingly difficult for pedestrians to walk along the path now, due to what I consider inconsiderate parking, by these people. I know for fact, that there is a gentleman who walks along pushing his mother in a wheelchair and probably spends more time in the road, than on the pavement at times! St Joseph's school tries to address the parking, with parents, but it is generally only a short time in the morning and afternoon, not that I find it acceptable, as many of the parents park very inconsiderately, but it is not all day. I just wish there was something that could be done to stop these thoughtless people, from parking so badly.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:01 am

Does North Road have any parking restrictions on it? I can never see any and when I see a car parked I wonder if it is legal or not (I walk to station so does not affect me).

The school traffic irritates me when they double park and have a chat. I rarely go past at school time as I work full time in London but when I do I am shocked by how bad school parking gets.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 1:14 pm

The East side of North Road doesn't have any parking restrictions so it is perfectly acceptable to park on that side of the road. However, the inconsiderate drivers should park on the road, not on the pavement.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 3:35 pm

If it is legal to park there, why do commuters park up Bramfield Road and not on North Road? This puzzles me.