New parking fees

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Marilyn
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun 01 Dec, 2013 11:09 am

New parking fees

Postby Marilyn » Tue 09 Sep, 2014 4:04 pm

Like the new 1/2 hour free and 90 minutes for 80 p. Hope it encourages more people into the town.

Caramel
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun 15 Dec, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: New parking fees

Postby Caramel » Thu 11 Sep, 2014 9:08 am

Is that all public car parks in town? It certainly feels like an improvement and hopefully will boost trade for some companies! :D

User avatar
Steve
Project Leader
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed 06 Nov, 2013 12:01 am

Re: New parking fees

Postby Steve » Thu 11 Sep, 2014 1:07 pm

Caramel wrote:Is that all public car parks in town? It certainly feels like an improvement and hopefully will boost trade for some companies! :D

It's all the council owned car parks in the District, so including Ware and Bishop's Stortford.

newcomer
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon 02 Dec, 2013 11:00 am

Re: New parking fees

Postby newcomer » Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:56 am

Call me stupid but how does one "pay" for this free half-hour? I mean do you need a ticket?

I can't believe the wardens would appreciate having to keep track all the ticketless cars for overstaying the half-hour. The ticket machine are all triggered by entering money, aren't they?

User avatar
Steve
Project Leader
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed 06 Nov, 2013 12:01 am

Re: New parking fees

Postby Steve » Mon 15 Sep, 2014 12:08 pm

newcomer wrote:Call me stupid but how does one "pay" for this free half-hour? I mean do you need a ticket?

I can't believe the wardens would appreciate having to keep track all the ticketless cars for overstaying the half-hour. The ticket machine are all triggered by entering money, aren't they?

No, the ticket machines are triggered by pressing a big green button. Whether or not you enter money (and how much) is up to you. You get what you pay for.

newcomer
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon 02 Dec, 2013 11:00 am

Re: New parking fees

Postby newcomer » Mon 15 Sep, 2014 12:09 pm

Steve wrote:No, the ticket machines are triggered by pressing a big green button. Whether or not you enter money (and how much) is up to you. You get what you pay for.


Aaahh....Thanks. Will pass on the instructions! ;)


Return to “Traffic & Parking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests