Key smartcard at Hertford North

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
JohnSmith
Key smartcard at Hertford North

Post by JohnSmith » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:59 pm

Has anyone else been having problems with their Key smartcard at Hertford North? Last week mine was refused one evening and hasn't worked at the barriers since then. It's worked at Alexandra Palace, Bowes Park and Drayton Park so it doesn't appear to be my card.

Steve
Project Leader

Re: Key smartcard at Hertford North

Post by Steve » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:38 am

JohnSmith wrote:
Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:59 pm
Has anyone else been having problems with their Key smartcard at Hertford North? Last week mine was refused one evening and hasn't worked at the barriers since then. It's worked at Alexandra Palace, Bowes Park and Drayton Park so it doesn't appear to be my card.
Have you tried asking them on Twitter?
(That's a serious question, not a sly remark)

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 7:28 am

Yes, I did. They said that they would pass it on to the station manager. I've spoken to most of the barrier staff and they now just let me through the gate after I have tried to tap out. That causes a bit of an issue as I then have a load of incomplete journeys on my history and have to check my account every day to make sure I'm not overcharged.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 1:28 pm

My card is working again now. It seems that some cards were working and others not. I was asked to provide the barrier staff with the number on my card and then yesterday evening the barriers finally let me through.