Waiting at Hertford North

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
Kateg28
Waiting at Hertford North

Post by Kateg28 » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:39 am

Every now and then, maybe twice a month, my partner picks me up from Hertford North. He always parked in the car park to avoid the chaos on the forecourt but no he noticed that there are ANPR cameras enforcing payments. Whilst I agree with this in principle, he couldn't find out about waiting times or any free periods so paid £2.60 for the five mins he waited. Is there a waiting time?

Joe

Re: Waiting at Hertford North

Post by Joe » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 3:51 am

Kateg28 wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:39 am
Every now and then, maybe twice a month, my partner picks me up from Hertford North. He always parked in the car park to avoid the chaos on the forecourt but no he noticed that there are ANPR cameras enforcing payments. Whilst I agree with this in principle, he couldn't find out about waiting times or any free periods so paid £2.60 for the five mins he waited. Is there a waiting time?
I've looked at the operators website (Indigo) and there's nothing in there T&C or FAQ about waiting times. You might have to look on the board at the enterance to the car park or contact Indigo direct:

"2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0330 123 5247, by emailing us at customersupport.uk@group-indigo.com, by post at PO Box 2466, Watford, Herts WD18 1XH "

Best bet really is to wait in Cedar Close or North Road Gardens if you can.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 8:25 am

I looked at website too and couldn't see anything.

On the board it said something about waiting places, I forget the exact workind, but it was something like "If there are waiting places, you could use these for 5 minutes". But we couldn't see any, the board could have been a standard board with standard wording, and if there were, how would the ANPR know you had used it. I was hoping it would say if you enter and exit within 10 mins there is no charge, or words to that effect.

We have decided for me to call him as I exit the station and then start walking home and he will catch up with me at some point.

Toady

Post by Toady » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:39 pm

First 20 mins is free. It says so on the sign as you enter. Top right.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 1:10 pm

Thank you Toady, we shall check next time, we couldn't see it the other day.