The storm

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
JohnSmith
The storm

Post by JohnSmith » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 10:18 am

In readiness for some winds that may or may not come later on today (much later), First Capital Connect saw it wise to decimate this morning's service along the Hertford Loop.

What a shambles of an organisation.

Can I ask anyone who is dissatisfied with this cowboy outfit to contact their local MP. The more complaints he gets, the more likely he is to take notice. I've started the ball rolling and asked him to contact other MPs along this route. A couple of Enfield MPs have already started to ask questions of FCC.

Andrew

Re: The storm

Post by Andrew » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 10:37 am

FCC published a "revised" timetable late on Sunday night, reducing the normal Mon-Fri service to something not far off a Sunday service. If there are major weather problems it will be no more useful than any other timetable, but it will cut down claims for delay repay compensation:-(

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 10:43 am

They're running an off-peak service but charging peak prices.

Not only cowboys but thieving cowboys.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 12:28 pm

This is aimed at John Smith. Why do you hate FCC so much? They irritate me but your posts on this forum are full of hate for them. As at the time of writing, you have made 17 posts on this forum and 16 are aimed at FCC in quite a nasty tone. It seems you take every opportunity to take a pop at them.

I am not defending them necessarily but apart from the last three weeks or so, they have seemed ok. The last three weeks have been appalling, I grant you.

Is there some bad blood between you?

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 12:55 pm

Kateg28 wrote:This is aimed at John Smith. Why do you hate FCC so much? They irritate me but your posts on this forum are full of hate for them. As at the time of writing, you have made 17 posts on this forum and 16 are aimed at FCC in quite a nasty tone. It seems you take every opportunity to take a pop at them.

I am not defending them necessarily but apart from the last three weeks or so, they have seemed ok. The last three weeks have been appalling, I grant you.

Is there some bad blood between you?
I have learned to treat them with the same contempt that they treat me.

They steal something from me that is far more precious than money.

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 3:30 pm

So digressing a little...

Are the trains actually going to run this evening? I would quiet like to get home from work today.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 3:40 pm

You could ask them but they won't give an answer one way or another which isn't much use.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 3:45 pm

Further update.

Overhed line problems on East Coast Main Line so they are being diverted onto Hertford Loop.

Currently stuck on a train between Hornsey & Alexandra Palace.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 4:04 pm

On the move.
Good luck getting home.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 4:07 pm

JohnSmith wrote:You could ask them but they won't give an answer one way or another which isn't much use.
Not necessarily true, I have almost always got responses to my tweets from them.