No Power at Hertford East

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
newcomer
No Power at Hertford East

Post by newcomer » Thu 01 Oct, 2015 9:04 am

It was eerie this morning as the power was out (no displays or ticket machines) and all the clocks were stopped at 6:59:59. I wonder what happened then? Maybe they tried to turn the oyster machines on? ;)

newcomer

Re: No Power at Hertford East

Post by newcomer » Fri 02 Oct, 2015 9:20 am

It was still off yesterday evening, apparaently they got it back for a few seconds at 10:40am and the clocks resynced before it went again. The staff member I talked to mentioned people digging up the road outside so maybe it was related to the home development?

Power back this morning.

Capitalist Piglet

Post by Capitalist Piglet » Fri 02 Oct, 2015 9:41 am

Suited me. When I got to Tottenham Hale (they had to divert because of another incident) I tried to buy a ticket & but guy on the barrier just laughed & let me through!

On return @1500hrs Mill Road had a line of half a dozen vans from the electric company & a lot of rather worried looking workmen .

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 02 Oct, 2015 12:12 pm

Still down. Just managed to get a ticket from man with machine - he wasn't ready to issue tickets but a gang of heavies were ready to stop anyone without a ticket getting onto the train. Disproportionate response as usual - they've known about this for a day and the best response is you can't get on the train if you haven't got a ticket!! What about your contingency plans???