Steve
Project Leader
Crowd trouble at Hertford FC?

Post by Steve » Mon 07 Dec, 2015 2:12 pm

Smudger

Re: Crowd trouble at Hertford FC?

Post by Smudger » Wed 09 Dec, 2015 12:50 am

I wasn't there, so I'm only guessing.

But Hertford is predominately Spurs, and WGC is predominately Arsenal (a product of the train lines)
So I would imagine that WGC supporters might have pulled some old anti-spurs songs out of the bag ?

Could be totally wrong

LoucasX

Post by LoucasX » Sun 20 Dec, 2015 8:41 pm

It was a group of 15 year old lads mindlessly singing a chant they have heard at premiership football matches aimed at Spurs fans. We have spoken to the lads and told them even though songs about lack of foreskins may be funny to a bunch of teenage lads.....they are not acceptable at our stadium.

I did not hear the chant myself and when told about it by a reporter the next day, I was bemused at who it would have been aimed at. On speaking to some of the lads they assured me the chant was not aimed at anyone in particular.

Hertford Born & Bred

Post by Hertford Born & Bred » Sun 20 Dec, 2015 9:43 pm

Loucas, I guess it was the Hertford Ultras doing the singing.

FWIW. A couple of WGC supporters i drink with and where there had no issue with it (Even thought it was funny), But there manager seemed to make a thing of it on twitter and to the Welwyn Hatfield Times. As im sure your well aware.

Hertford Born & Bred

Post by Hertford Born & Bred » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:40 pm

Pleased to report the return leg at Herns lane yesterday was trouble free. Game ended 2-2

Well done players and supporters.